Valentines...Us Anglers are Romantics

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:47 pm

Well guys, i hope your all gona be making the other half feel all loved up tomorrow..

Anyone going that exrtra romantic mile..or ya all just doing the flowers and chocs?

Lets see if the answers show us as romantics or just ungrateful sods...!!! (apparently)

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:35 pm

need to go find a woman first, then ill worry about valentines... problem is id rather go fishin :lol:

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:59 pm

You could teach the wife/girlfriend how to thread a lug worm on to a hook, then suggest a romantic moonlight stroll along a good surf beach and promise her a fresh bass dinner afterwards. When you get there hand her a bunch of lug worms and some hooks and tell her that you will have that bass organized in just a minute or two once she has the hooks baited :twisted: :twisted:

Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:08 pm

never mind valentines i'm in enough trouble because the next comp is the day before mothers day and i want to stay over

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:30 pm

Dozen roses 9.99 in tesco....... :? :lol:

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:03 pm

ah theres a lot to be said for the single life (in my opinion), its cheaper and i get to do more fishing...only problem is i dont have a bit of dinner waiting for me when i get home after getting sand blasted on a beach all night... but that i can handle.. tomorrow for me will be a nice curry, few cans, bit of Matt Hayes on discovery and a flick through the Irish Angler mag... all these activities will be carried out on the couch of course

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:26 pm

:lol: :lol: recently got herself a zziplex bass rod made up by rockhopper,,, so no need for valentines pressie

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:33 pm

nialler wrote:only problem is i dont have a bit of dinner waiting for me when i get home after getting sand blasted on a beach all night...

its not always that way... after a days session of gales, sand, rockhopping, bitter cold, heavy rain or any other element the weather can throw at me, i still have to go home and make dinner for 2 :? :?
and nothing worse than walking in the door wrecked from a hard days fishing and being told to make dinner :cry: :cry:

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:39 pm

stevecrow74 wrote:and nothing worse than walking in the door wrecked from a hard days fishing and being told to make dinner :cry: :cry:

i am that soldier :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:44 pm

me too.......... after all while you have been out "relaxing" all day in the torrential rain, gale force winds, freezing cold and have an hour of a drive home....................... she has the one dats had the hard day in front of the telly!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:24 pm

Lads brownie points cards, chocolates, flowers,, SPA treatments the whole 9 yadrs once you get out with permission. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:55 pm

isnt it great i broke up with her a few weeks ago, none of that present buying crap for me thank you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:more time for fishing too, its a win win :shock:

Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:57 pm

Fair play to you Dbrock if I bought my Mrs a fishing Rod it would be picture and no sound for months.....

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:07 pm

the words "hen pecked" and "balls" come to mind lads :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:19 am

eric wrote:isnt it great i broke up with her a few weeks ago, none of that present buying crap for me thank you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:more time for fishing too, its a win win :shock:

who broke you up eric was there a fair play man at the digging match in youghal someone said she was a traveler :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:36 am

wohoo got the best pressie back ever

a voucher for 2 GUILT FREE fishing weekends away in the next 3 months
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

some terms and conditions apply but there livable :lol: :lol: