big savings on ebay

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:39 pm

i recently started buying tackle off ebay & noticed that i was saving over 50% compared too what i was spending in the tackle shops, i didnt restrict myself to ebay .ie i ventured to ebay ( austraillia, america & china)
it worked out more cost effective buying a few items off the one seller as this cut down on postage

regards

mickeyfish

Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:57 pm

Some of the clothing ( waterproof jackets, waders etc ) are a lot cheaper

Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:00 am

It can mount up to be good savings. But you still have to watch out for the rubbish some ebayers try to sell

Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:35 am

alot of the stuff from ebay are cheap knockoffs. the likes of terminal tackle are often pure junk, clips that open and stay open, hooks that straighten as you put the bait on etc,

remember that as its an auction you can sometimes get caught up in the excitement of it and end up paying as much as you will here, often the person posting the item will have a 2nd account to bid on the items in order to drive up the prices.

have got some deals on multipliers alrights, even with the postage but becareful to ensure that a "near new" or "only used once" reel looks as good on the inside as on the outside

otherwise...... enjoy the auctioning mick

ps remember that as it can take up to 2 weeks for the goods to arrive you dont have the instant gratificiation that you get when you buy in the shop and so may b tempted to buy more stuff....... it has a cascade effect :oops: :oops:

rgds
Paul

Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:24 pm

ah yea thats all true but i recently bought 2 daiwa awb,s in immaculate condition with 2 7hts and he also through in a hold all to,,,,,,,

you wouldn in your wildest dreams find that in a tackle shop ,,,

Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:26 pm

ive been known to chuck in a hook disgorger..does that count...lol

ebay

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:44 pm

have bought a abu chrome rocket for 40 sterling in good nic too thats a bargain. :lol:

eBay

Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:55 pm

eBay is great for some items but i dont mind paying a few quid more to support local dealers .. they sponser comps etc

Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:46 am

E bays great and you can usually save a little but I still love going down to my local tackle shop.
You always hear of somebody catching something or buy yourself a bit of bait for the freezer and the touch/feel aspect of fishing tackle is very important too.
Take lures for example-cheap chinese/korean copys look the same in photos as the better produced originals - its like everything else - shop local and you always have a comeback and feck it, I like to support the local man too,whoever he may be .....