Fishing in Scandinavia

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone is aware of Irish tour operators who organise fishing in Scandanavia ? I was thinking of going to Norway or Sweden in later summer/early autumn and was wondering if anyone out there has done a trip like this and if they would have any advice ?
Had a look at a few Norwegian sites and they are really good, and not too expensive. However, since a website will always look good I was wondering if anyone out there has any real experiences they could share.

many thanks
gax

Norway

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:31 pm

I'm sure Ronald & Davy did some fishing up that way.
Try a search of the site for "Norway".
I'm sure Wee Barry has done some up there as well.
PM them if they do not happen by this thread.
:)

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:35 pm

I went there when I was living in the UK. Trip was organised by Martin's World, iirc. Google search should find his site.

scandanavia- thanks

Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:05 am

Thanks Guys. Will do that.

norway

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:23 am

hi we have been to norway twice and are going back this may.we go to skervoy and use martin founds anglers world and he arranges the lot.cheaper option is the self drive and its more exiting.call-01246-221717 :)

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:45 am

I've been to skervoy 3 times now with anglers world ,fantastic place ,one of the guys had a 60lb cod this year ( scales kept on reading error as they only went to 55lb) showing locals the photos they reckeoned 60lb at least . if your going there make sure to take the fast ferry conection from tromso to skervoy as its faster and around the same price as the coach connection provided by anglers world .
late summer into autumn is supposed to be the time for the bigger coalies ,we have only been in may and july , it rains alot btw especially in summer ,may it still snows the odd time :lol: most of the fishing is done at night though it doesn't get dark in july . let me know if you want any more info and i'll see what i can pool together photos and gear wise .