Mermaids Purse search

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:31 pm

if you come across any the info would be appreciated here

http://www.marinedimensions.ie/

found a thornie one the last day - they are quiet big!

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:22 pm

Caught a fat doggie on Jan 10th that appeared to have a length of 6 inches or so of nylon protruding from its vent. Myself and Lee were certain sure this doggie had swallowed a hook and this was the remains of a snood it was attempting to pass. I gave it a light tug and it didnt appear to be giving way so I reached for the scissors to cut it off as close as possible. Imagine the surprise when gentle pressure resulted in all of a sudden an eggcase popping out.... :o

I don't know if we are the first people to ever assist at a Doggies birth(Certainly much less messy than either of my 2 childrens..... :D ), both fish and eggcase were returned to the sea ASAP. We like to think of ourselves as honorary god parents to the wee pup.... :lol:

Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:54 pm

peked the "dogfather" :lol:

if i find any up north corbyeire, will i send the info too, i mean in the Northern Ireland area

Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:59 pm

tbh it doesnt stipulate if it does or doesnt take northern ireland accounts on the website

whatever you think - its good enough craic just keying out the ones you find yourself!

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:00 pm

"Caught a fat doggie on Jan 10th that appeared to have a length of 6 inches or so of nylon protruding from its vent"

Peter just because your sober now thats no way to talk about the girl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:04 pm

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh

rockhoppper!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

filthy mind - i read that statement so innocently!!!

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:31 pm

Vent?

A$$?

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:51 pm

Conor P wrote:Vent?

A$$?

When your older ask again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:09 am

myself and eric fished kilcoole a week ago and got at least 10 on our lines or in weed some empty and some occupied we didnt keep any but will keep empties from now on :?

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:03 pm

Excellent Tom :lol: :lol: :lol: Fatty love :lol: :lol: Has anybody seen the size of the common skate cases, there absolutely massive things

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:21 pm

well you dont need to keep them but i suppose it would be handy to have if you want to key them out roger!

seems like a heap of bother posting them on etc.

some of them 20cm + :shock:

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:33 pm

Hey, fat doggies have feelings too lads..... :D

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:26 pm

found 5 or 6 of them in salthill today.they were empty,should i still report them on that link you gave? i took pics incase.
chris

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:53 pm

found one, not sure which species, presumed to be a doggie as ray are not exactly common :cry: on killiney a fews ago,empty

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:27 pm

Rockhopper wrote:
Conor P wrote:Vent?

A$$?

When your older ask again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom.

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:55 pm

eric wrote:found one, not sure which species, presumed to be a doggie as ray are not exactly common :cry: on killiney a fews ago,empty

did you try and key it out?

http://www.eggcase.org/view_folder.asp? ... =&toptab=2

Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:09 pm

its a dog, sorry for the poor grammar on the last reply, i meant a few weeks ago :oops: :oops:

Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:42 am

all the ones on kilcoole where doggie cases small with curly tendrils

g

Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:40 pm

the purse's me and chris found 4 were ray purce's and 1 was a dogfish pruse

Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:35 pm

Heres the "nylon" protruding from Doggies vent.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.