Sunday Life, 20 January 2007

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:46 am

Very interesting article in todays Sunday Life (Pages 22 and 23). With words and pictures over the two pages we see 'Captain Hook', promoting sea angling as well as the beautiful Antrim coast as a worldwide tourism destination. He seems to be doing something right... while others just talk... (quite often about him). Happy reading and well done Captain Hook!

sundy life

Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:42 pm

hamish does work very hard for the boys he deserves all he gets :lol:

Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:40 pm

Well done Captain Hook indeed - heard he had 6 tope one day last week and a record blackmouthed dogfish the week before.
Theres a lot of jealosy about where predators concerned.
Some idiots recently have been running past Hamish and hitting their gps to try to get his deepwater marks.
A big part of Hamishs success is his boat and the sooner people realise that anchored in 450' water midchannel in a wind against tide situation is a whole different scenario in a 4 or 6 metre lightly built boat with crew with little real sea experience or a 9m commercial cabin rib fully coded for safety and a fully licensed/experienced skipper.

In other words be careful lads - it aint worth dying for.....

Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:47 pm

heard there was a guy up there alright driving a rubber ducky...... is that him?

Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:56 pm

thats him alright paul but i think he gets a wee tad upset when people call his boat a rubber duck : 8)

Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:58 pm

i like to call a spade a spade............ it it needs an air pump to keep it afloat its a rubber duck :P :P :P :P :P

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:03 pm

No - it definitly doesnt need a pump to keep it afloat.
Rigid (operative word) inflatable boat.
Paul down on the calm east coast m78 you probably never saw a big sea.
If Hamish had any other boat he would miss too many days at sea m8.
I think it cost him over £100k
Check them out - http://www.redbayboats.com/

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:05 pm

seen plenty of rough days at sea.... from cork.

rigid INFLATABLE boat = needs air :wink:

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:08 pm

There is a redbay boat ive seen going around dublin bay with an inboard diesel and its got a cabin its an absolute beast the speed that thing can do is mad I think its round 10m. Didnt have the edge on my boat though :D :D :D :lol: :lol: .

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:09 pm

here we go again if its not the man yous are slagging off its his boat i wonder if this one will end up being locked.when you boys are out in your little boats and anything goes wrong who do you think will come and get you home safley and in what? say what you like about hamish but thats why we use him more than any other skippers. :lol:

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:19 pm

Wee Barry wrote:here we go again if its not the man yous are slagging off its his boat

never met the guy, never seen his boat.... just saying that i heard he used a rib, and that i wouldnt like to be in a rough sea with just a piece of rubber and air keeping me afloat. used ribs countless times for diving and cant remember the amount of them i have seen get a puncture

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:20 pm

im not sure but the last time i was on it yesterday it has a hard nose and can run without tubes. hate to burst you boys bubbles :wink:

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:25 pm

Paul - you are right in that the divers use them a lot.
I presume everytime you saw one punctured you made it back ashore ok?
Hamish special ordered his with a wide beam and angler canopy for deep water anchoring.
Also if the wind turns east he will run across to Islay,Gigha Sanda or the mull for the shelter while anchored and usually less than an hour gets us home in the rib - no hardboat 10 - 12knots here :D

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:15 pm

here here white tip never a truer word spoken or typed :roll:

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:28 pm

I count 4 posters in this thread with very low post counts, 3 of whom joined within a week of each other, and the other here less than a week, all keen on promoting whatever charter skipper the thread is about.
Multiple accounts?
Spam anyone?

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:37 pm

what are you trying to say am i noy allowed to post the same as yourself some of us have to work and cant get time to post all the time and i dont see any skipper getting promoted i thought it was his boat that was getting discussed

Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:06 pm

Bradan - chill m8
I know the guy.
I saw the 2 page spread in the sunday world.
He has found me 15 specimen fish.
Is it not ok to get interested when a thread develops over someone you know?
Its like tv m8 - if u dont like it you dont have to look.
On that I end my involvement on this particular thread shall cease.
I shall be more careful what I post in future lest I offend any hamishhaters :D

Spam

Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:15 pm

No, not spam. Just a few new guys standing up for their favourite skipper. Love him or hate him he produces results. Fishing from a RIB has proved very successful, less time travelling more time fishing.

Lets not be too defensive or offensive here lads! :) :)

Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:19 pm

Bradan wrote:I count 4 posters in this thread with very low post counts, 3 of whom joined within a week of each other, and the other here less than a week, all keen on promoting whatever charter skipper the thread is about.
Multiple accounts?
Spam anyone?

also have noticed that "coincidently" as one of the users logs out, another one logs in..... posts..... logs out...... and the initial user logs back in...... posts.... logs out etc etc

Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:26 pm

great to see your post jim as you are not bais,pity there were not more like you on the site . :roll: