Illegal Netting in Waterford

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:28 pm

To the lads in Waterford or anyone who fishes down there, I'm reliably informed a member of the SRFB has pulled 3 nets out of the river at Cheekpoint over the last 2 days.

The guy from the fisheries board has asked anyone out fishing on the river to keep an eye out for any strange activity. Cod returns in the city have certainly diminshed over the past few weeks, wonder has it got anything to do with these??

Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:50 am

The f***ers :x delighted there nets were found! i spent 3 and a half hours in the freezing cold on the river tuesday with a only a handfull of small whiting to show for it wonder why :evil:

Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:16 pm

Total B**terds! They don't have the right to net in the river!

Idiotes!!!!

illegal netting in waterford

Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:49 am

hi. new to this .just back from cheek point myself and 3 mates fished 3 and half hrs of the rise all got codling 1lbs to 2lbs 6 or 7 each all on lug and frozen crab . didn't see anything . HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:46 pm

Hey,
Can anyone tell me where is best on Cheek point? I fished to the ;eft as you come down teh grass bank on the 28th and had nothing. Was daylight and the tide was dropping so probably not ideal conditions.

Thanks!

Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:12 pm

Happy New Year to you too pete, and welcome to the site.

illegal netting in waterford

Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:42 pm

thanks tanglerrat, for got to say all catch and release bar to that didn't survive. 2008 [=] 6 codling[/list]

Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:42 pm

Any angler who cares about netting of any kind taking place be it legal or not should have the telephone number of a local bailiff in their phone. The time to report presumed illegal activities is when you see it, not a few days later on this site, never assume someone else will see what is going on, or never assume someone else will report it. Anyone can contact the fisheries board, they are in the phone book, explain your interest in conservation/poaching and you should be able to get a contact telephone number to use when you want to. Phones will take messages 24hrs a day even if they are not answered, and you can if you wish give your own number. Make it a resolution to pick up the phone for 2008 and get more people involved in reporting any illegal fishing.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:47 pm

sharky wrote:The time to report presumed illegal activities is when you see it, not a few days later on this site, never assume someone else will see what is going on, or never assume someone else will report it.

Exactly