river cottage :gone angling

Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:22 am

:D enjoyed the show very much, i have seen all his river cottage shows and think they are great,but this one looks to be a cracker.i have tryed the sea bream,not fussed on them, being meaning to try the mullet,but no way for limpets.red gurnard done in nothing but butter are very tastey :D

Cracking show

Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:59 am

I quite enjoy Hughs delivery and on screen personality
Not sure I will go to the trouble of stuffed mackerel, but they looked great. Interesting approach to filleting them, I will be using that in future.

Mullet are lovely, but must be from a clean environment. Wouldnt fancy any of the liffey fish

Still looking for that killer Pollack recipe though.

Kev

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:52 pm

limpets are tasteless - had about 10 of them baked neat - with no sauce!

Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:58 pm

anyone try anemones yet?

Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:13 pm

Not yet, never would have even thought of trying them. He dusted them in seasoned flour and deep fried, must give it a go....wonder would there be any difference between the beadlet and snakelock varieties :?:

Have tried raw limpets with a spanish friend, she was saying that they regard them as a bit of a treat :lol: ! They were a bit rubbery but other than that weren't too bad

Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:05 pm

pout looked tasty fresh , wonder wot would happen if he left them a couple of hours . i have and they do really smell bad when you clean them . Good show looking forward to next week.

river cottage : gone fishing

Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: we all know Hugh, he is bound to come up with something strange. like.....pickled Doggie side salad/toped off with BBQ squid/with a good helping of steamed jellyfish done in a sissileing black bean sauce....HA HA :lol: :lol: :lol: ......an nick fisher would nod his head an say Mmmmmmmmmmm :lol: :lol:

river cottage : gone angling

Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: we all know Hugh, hes bound to come up with something strange like......pickled doggie side salad in white wine vinger/topped off with BBQ squid rolled in honny/with a good helping of steamed jellyfish done in a black bean sauce HA HA....an nick fisher will nod his head an say Mmmmmmmmm :lol: :lol: :lol:...love the show, but waitting for something like this.

Re: Cracking show

Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:48 pm

bigkev wrote:
Still looking for that killer Pollack recipe though.

Kev

there's a show called "hookem and cookem" on youtube which is worth a look. it's set in ireland presented by a fella called Alan. he actually knows how to fish, and he goes fishing with a mate who's a curry chef. they catch fish (pollack and mackeral) and cook them on the rocks using a camping stove. the pollack masala looked really good. thought it was an excellent show. don't know if it's been aired on tv. the pollack episode is here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vwCPWWXhg6k
[ click the link not the video play button ]

Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:00 pm

not bad tonight, could have done more angling :lol:

Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:00 pm

Anyone see this program last night, some good stuff on beam trawling and there nets

river cottage :gone angling

Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:48 pm

seen it KK, a good show but i think that was the last of them. :cry: no harm but no way would i eat carp!! :shock:

Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:56 pm

time too start eating the kois in my pond :D