Tackle shops and Sundays

Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:17 pm

Hi lads,

Why don't tackle shops open on Sundays? For a lot of people Sunday is the only time they can get out fishing. On many occasions I have needed bait or gear but couldn't get it, due to poor opening times.

Also I think it would be a good way of influencing beginners to start fishing as it would give greater accessibility on a day which for a lot of people is their only free day!

Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:37 pm

in Cork they are.

Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:59 pm

Dublin too! Rorys opens until 6 on a Sunday i think!

Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:36 pm

Yeah but what about Viking Bray, Southside , Tallaght rod and gun?
Rorys is a great spot but to travel into town and back for bait is a bit
of a pain?

God I'm an awful whiner today :lol:

BAIT

Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:47 am

Weres rorys im often looking for bait for a session on sunday and have to drive to wexford to get it

fintan

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:03 am

Temple Bar Fintan

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:26 pm

Can't think of a shop open in the North. :(

Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:30 pm

i'd imagine some of them might actually be out fishing...:)

trying buying bait in Arklow and deal with the "we're closed 1:30-2:30 pm for lunch" on their busiest day of the week...

Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:14 pm

Tackle Shop in Larne opens 9 -12 on a Sunday

Re: BAIT

Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:30 pm

croppyboy wrote:Weres rorys im often looking for bait for a session on sunday and have to drive to wexford to get it

fintan

Have you ever used Dave Tilly in Ringsend?

Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:40 pm

Causeway Bait and Tackle in Bushmills open on a Sunday till 6 in the evening.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:43 pm

My shop in carrick is open seven days a week

Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:22 pm

de people in tackle shops need a day off 2 :!:

Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:39 pm

Generally yeah, i normally have a saturday worker in to give me time off, but to be honest i do get decent time off to fish...well mostly...

Fishing tackle shops i suppose have a dedicated customer base, some of whom only get certain times to go fishing or visit their local shop.

i myself have sometimes been open at 7am on a sunday before a fishing trip and actually had customers, so you never know.

Us anglers are an odd breed i think...lol

Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:01 pm

viking tackle did open on sundays years ago but i think the demand just wasnt their to warrant staying open lets face it if you cant get yourself organized in 6 days of the week it must be a spur of the moment trip and beggers cant be choosers ,if you have a bait freezer and a coolbox most bait will keep for a week if looked after i buy most of my hooks ,swivels line ect in bulk and would always have too much gear if the truth be known surley everone is allowed a lie on one day a week :lol: after all its not tesco we are talking about here :roll: i think all shops should shut on sundays !! (save me a fortune in a year !) especialy dundrum!weimen !

Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:11 pm

well im open now..loads of rain and wind outside..
no customers..in fact the streets are empty, im all alone...though i might sell a few tubs of earthworms today as the first resovoir of the year opened on friday.

Anyone fancy buying a nice masterline spin rod...???no ..

what about a nice gas lamp.........? plllllllllllease someone come into my shop..im soooooooooooooooooooooo bored............lol

Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:28 pm

go the pub it,s the best option today :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:34 pm

The great Outdoors of Coleraine and Ballymena is always open on a sunday only its in Nutts corner market that day :D
Ive got a few good bargains off yer man at times.
He carries a decent stock and if you buy from him you have a good comeback if anything goes wrong as he is well established with his shops.
He will even bring bait (rag/macks etc) to the market if you order it so it can be picked up sunday mornings :)