Recreational angling Ireland (this sunday in Cork)

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:39 pm

Recreational angling Ireland, are a government sponsored body who's aim is to promote angling of all types amongst youngsters. This Sunday at the Lough in Cork city Instructors will be giving tuition in all the different disiplins. I shall be doing the shore angling/casting, 'the quiet man' will be there with his pike gear. Nufc will be hoping to catch a carp and other members of the site will be along to help out.
If you have a young Boy or Girl and want them to get a grounding in fishing, contact Brian Kennedy at Sharkies tackle 087 6563918 or simply turn up at his shop on Sunday morning at 9.00am. Bring any tackle you may have though this is not essential. This is free! a packed lunch might be a good idea, but not for me I just live round the corner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:54 pm

Hi Billy,

how did it go? Excellent idea btw, it would great to get 1 monthly by every club.

RAI

Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:17 pm

If you want to take a look at how we go on, try my web site its on the links page.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:01 pm

Now I know I was involved on the day but what surprised me was how well the kids behaved and the instructors as well I suppose. All jokes aside I never claimed to be an expert but what we (the instructors ) brought to the day was years of experience and not a few tips that cost us years of toil and pain to learn.Every child there was as excited as we were about the day and hovered up all the info. But all credit to Brian Kennedy for a great show and prizes galore for every child. FREE I would love to be asked again I had so much fun (hint)

rai

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:07 pm

no chance, but a bottle of 25yr old bush mills (that I know your hoarding might swing it) Chris...........