No votes
Lotus Elise 111R
8%
Van
19%

Total votes : 37

Cars...

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:18 pm

I'm very curious into what sorts of vehicles people have with regard to fishing/general use. Is it Jeeps mostly, family cars, or something else, also were they bought primarily for fishing or was it a smaller consideration?
My reason for asking is I am confident nobody has anything as impracticle as my choice of vehicle and am looking for ammo. to change it into something a little more, well 'roomier' !

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:24 pm

I drive a small van Renault Kangoo but missus has the family SUV - put van as a category into ur poll

john.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:36 pm

Up until 6 months ago it was two door Seat Arosa. It was a very very small car :oops: Served me well though and brought me to some great fishing over the years.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:04 pm

a 94 opel astra :lol:

i would say maroon myself - but mister green used the term burgundy - yep it contrasts well with the rust

the lads will tell you its a lottery if it actually makes it to connemara at this stage

dodgy fuel gage
exhaust falling off
windows not working

great craic - but of course it can get destroyed in sand/muck/bait - all adds to the character

Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:15 pm

i have chauffeur's to bring me everywhere :twisted:

Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:20 pm

stevecrow74 wrote:i have chauffeur's to bring me everywhere :twisted:

Yes, and they're forming their own union. So be nice.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:23 pm

teacher wrote:

Yes, and they're forming their own union. So be nice.

Yes be very nice or else

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:23 pm

This nice thing is they bring you back as well. :twisted:

Might add estate's to the list. With the back seats down it will take all the gear and bait you need for a weekend session on the shore and a session on the boat.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:03 am

I've a passat so put down saloon. Long boot but not very high so you I can't fit my beta box in without removing the breakaway back rest.

Wife has a zafira which has tons of room in the back and the center section of the back seat can be taken down to put rods through and still have 2 seats in the back. The long hatch door also has the advantage of being a shelter from the rain when getting in and out of wets.

Donagh

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:14 am

Who else has an Elise out there and how do you manage?!?

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:56 am

I have an almera (96!) that I'm determined to run into the ground. I may get an Octavia as it has plenty of boot space. Not the 1.4 though as it is woefully underpowered.
jd

Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:27 am

i find a boat a lot less likely to sink myself :lol:

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:37 pm

i have a black 3 door focus 1.8 zetec, but after mr crows squid deforsted in the back of it i have added a roof rack and box, without the additions its fine for a day trip, loads of room in the boot, but when i am giving a lift or going for weekend trips the roof box is great.

as for the car it handles well and corners great (ask mr crow) it is 6 years old and will be falling apart before i afford another car, unless i win the lotto :lol:

Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:52 pm

Drive a Land Rover. Was driving a Megane, great car but it couldn't pull the boat - well it could pull it but would not stop it. So I gat a 7 year old Landy with 76K on the clock. Get the same running costs from it as the Megane as it's diesel. Nice car to drive, but cr*p to be a passenger in, or so my other half tells me.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:32 pm

MC wrote: but after mr crows squid deforsted in the back of it i

Looks like crow has one less chauffeur!

van

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:17 pm

i have a transit half shelved for work half shelved for fishing means i allways have rods and gear with me since i am on the road for work means i can fish in lots of different locations