Bass fishing resource

Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:26 am

As part of the ongoing development of SEAi - i will make available to online visitors a bass fishing resource. This will include information and daily reports on the following and more

locations and best advice around Wexford
tidal information
weather information
top three venues
Predictions for the next 7 days

current successful fly fishing methods
current successful lure fishing methods
photographs of fish and fisher people
top lures and flies for the week

also included will be the following downloadable .pdf's or word documents

lure fishing equipment (advised)
lure fishing techniques (beginner)
lure fishing techniques (advanced)

fly fishing equipment (advised)
fly fishing techniques (beginner)
fly fishing techniques (advanced)

Bass fishing techniques (series)

this small library will build slowly over time with other contributors adding to the resource.

Full access will be provided to existing customers National and International on a password basis, while casual visitors can access some but not all parts of the resource (for obvious reasons).

Hopefully all (well at least some) will be ready by August!
If any anglers wish to contribute in any way please contact me to discuss.

Best
Jim

Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:47 am

Nice idea Jim, best of luck with it, I look forward to having a look at that. I bet that was hatched during the close season when you were pulling your hair out in anticipation.... :wink:

Bass fishing resource

Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:46 am

Hi Pete,

The long wait is certainly a contributary factor no doubt, but i also felt that a lot of people who are liked minded are beginning to pass through here. That is people who are beginning bass fishing, father and sons, freshwater fly fishermen, film crews, magazines, tackle companies, right up to to dare i say it saltwater legends like Ed Mitchell etc.

This year i have customers from Ireland, France, Belgium, Denmark, Italy, England, USA, Holland, Switzerland and Germany. They all share a common interest and commitment - bass fishing in Ireland. I know I learn something everyday!

If i can capture and return that bass fishing interest to those people and others and maybe slowly build something that anglers and visitors can use and contribute to then i think its a good thing for angling - a visible tangible resource. It might take a little time though!

ps regarding sacrifices to weather gods do your prefer (goats, humans or plain old money?)

Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:56 am

ps regarding sacrifices to weather gods do your prefer (goats, humans or plain old money?)

Was going to say I prefer Global warming but it doesn't, looking out the window again today, appear to be having quite the right effect....

Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:04 pm

Good idea Jim, Should be very interesting, im looking to branch out on the wexford coatline so this would be the ideal help

Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:21 pm

look forward to that one,,expecially the top three venues section
do you think that is wise ,,
and how long do you think they will be in the top three

Bass resource

Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:30 am

CB

I think if you read the post you will see that the majority of information on this resource will be available only to customers of SEAi. this will accessible through a password protected DB.

Considering that 90% of my customers are international i dont think they'll be running to overwhelm our considerable bass fishing resource.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:26 pm

jim ,
i did read the post , and stick to my original statement i feel putting up marks on the net password protected or not is a very dangerous buisness , what place on the internet will you see anyone giving marks away??
having said that , a bass fishing resource as you have mapped out is a great idea for the area ,,
it was just the venue section i am dodgy with,,

best gee

bass resource

Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:33 am

CB

I appreciate your concern - and will bear this in mind over the creation of the resource. my concerns are similar, what i would like to do and achieve, is an increase in the profile of fish whilst maintaining protection/conservation/ etc not only in SE Ireland but also across the country if possible.

best
Jim