Fishing gear returns to Lidl's 29/03/07

This forum is for general discussion related to Angling. Areas covered would include Media Reports, Conservation Issues and the promotion of the sport.

Moderators: kieran, jd, Tanglerat, teacher

Fishing gear returns to Lidl's 29/03/07

Postby Norfolk and Goode » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:53 pm

Hi lads, just to let you all know that Lidl's will be getting there fishing gear in there stores again from THURSDAY, 29/3/2007.

Lidl's sent me a load of brochures as I'm the sec of GADSAC up north expecting me to put them up in our club room. I don't think the wife would be too happy with me pasting the brochures all over our dining room!!!! :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

Usual tackle on sale, line, reels, rods, tripods etc. For you conger shore guys there is a 40lb class boat rod with reel included that has a depth counter on it! Don't know about the quality but it's only £29.99 sterling. You might get a season out of it?? Cheap as chips :roll:

Lidl's have there own website, http://www.lidl.ie where you can subscribe to there newsletter. Apparently if you are on there email list you will be one of the first to know what's coming up on special offer.

Did anyone notice the tripods that lidl's sold the last time for £5.99 where selling on ebay for crazy money?

Enjoy :wink:

Steve
***Tight lines to one and all***

SACN number 0728
Norfolk and Goode
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby stevecrow74 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:02 pm

[url=http://galwaybuccaneerssac.com/]Galway Buccaneers SAC[/url]
[i][color=red]St Juniper once said; 'By his loins shall ye know him, and by the length of his rod shall he be measured.'[/i]
stevecrow74
Scomber Doorman

Have thanks: 58 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby corbyeire » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:28 pm

someone was on before about the line being decent enough - was that any particular breaking strain?
corbyeire
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 680 times

Postby paulocallaghan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:40 pm

just had a look at their online catalogue and il b getting a pair of what they are calling waders to be worn inside my own waders for warmth and should be ideal incase i get a leak
paulocallaghan

Postby Norfolk and Goode » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:39 pm

Good idea Paul. Would even do to leave in the car as a spare pair if ever you decide to throw a line on the way home from work sometime.

Steve
***Tight lines to one and all***

SACN number 0728
Norfolk and Goode
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby paulocallaghan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:05 pm

steve,
from the pics im not 2 sure about whether u cud use un their own but look fine for inside boots etc
paulocallaghan

Postby inigo » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:34 pm

Wouldn't they be pure non-breathable plastic at that price? My experience when using non-breathable stuff on a rainy day is that I ended up as wet inside it as I would have without it!

That said, I got a pair of wellies this morning... :roll:
inigo
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby paulocallaghan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:17 pm

probably, good point maybe if you wore driflow gear underneath, which i usually do anyway makes a big difference
paulocallaghan

Re: Fishing gear returns to Lidl's 29/03/07

Postby kissafish » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:34 pm

If you are thinking of buying the satnav from Lidl's - Forget about it !!
No good for Ireland, I have a few mates that have bought satnavs with Teleatlas or SiRF 111 Chipsets on the gps, and they have all said the same. If you are thinking of buying a gps that will have accurate info for Ireland. Then go for a gps with a Comteq chipset.
http://www.irishwrecksonline.net
kissafish
SAI Bait Ball

Postby stevecrow74 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:59 pm

kissafish wrote:If you are thinking of buying the satnav from Lidl's - Forget about it !!
No good for Ireland, I have a few mates that have bought satnavs with Teleatlas or SiRF 111 Chipsets on the gps, and they have all said the same. If you are thinking of buying a gps that will have accurate info for Ireland. Then go for a gps with a Comteq chipset.

i'll use my phone.. seems to be better than most satnav's out there.. check my blogs :D
[url=http://galwaybuccaneerssac.com/]Galway Buccaneers SAC[/url]
[i][color=red]St Juniper once said; 'By his loins shall ye know him, and by the length of his rod shall he be measured.'[/i]
stevecrow74
Scomber Doorman

Have thanks: 58 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby teacher » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:48 am

kissafish wrote:If you are thinking of buying the satnav from Lidl's - Forget about it !!

Garmins with navteq version 9 or greater (released last january) have 100% road coverage for ireland.
"Pier fishing was, indeed, an eccentric, unproductive and extremely dull occupation, and even if we'd posessed the necessary heavy plant we decided not to attempt it." Chris Yates, Out of the Blue.
teacher
SAI Megalodon!

Return to Angling News, Issues, Comments and Opinions