Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:54 pm

Al wrote:
MC wrote:nice, guess I need to get out and practice if I stand any chance of winning :lol:

My tactic is too cross my fingers and close my eyes :) Especially when casting :D

when casting I have my eyes open and just pretend I know where it went :lol:

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

MC wrote:
Al wrote:
MC wrote:nice, guess I need to get out and practice if I stand any chance of winning :lol:

My tactic is too cross my fingers and close my eyes :) Especially when casting :D

when casting I have my eyes open and just pretend I know where it went :lol:

:lol:

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:40 pm

The only one tactic I'd use to win the reel, go to Henry's, use the 1 hook Mastercard Rig, leave shop with reel...Sweet Sweet Victory!!!

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:10 am

I've just realised I'm wearing white socks... :(

Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:19 pm

Irish_Shamrock wrote:I've just realised I'm wearing white socks... :(

:D

Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:39 pm

Irish_Shamrock wrote:I've just realised I'm wearing white socks... :(

:lol:

use them as loo-roll and when done give em the flush :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:21 pm

sorry for going off topic lads (!!), but note the scoring for this competition
http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... hp?t=10114

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:48 pm

ill make this one if work doesn't get in the way wheres the check in :?:

Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:09 pm

Any word on the casting thing the next day? Anyone going?

meet

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:23 pm

Were are we meeting up also anyone know how rag fishes up there

fintan

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:34 pm

Marco wrote:Any word on the casting thing the next day? Anyone going?

what casting thing?

Were are we meeting up also anyone know how rag fishes up there

i have heard some venues in donegal respond to straight mackeral with anything else being unnecessary. i'd bring some just incase though!

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:40 pm

petekd wrote:Heres an offer thats hard to refuse from the Ulster Casting Club.
If you have any idea of numbers attending the meet could you let me know a few days before hand , reason I ask is if theres enough of you we will set aside a practice area and make up some casting balls, basically a tennis ball with a swivel, means you dont have to walk to retireve every time, that way Sean can spend the morning with the group , then in the afternoon you could wang em out on court see how much you have improved.

If anyone would like to try any rods in particular let me know , think we have most of the Zziplex, Connoflex and Century range.

Highly recommend a trip up on the Sunday for anyone that either wants to get started on their technique or wants to brush up on a few things. Or even just to really how far you are ACTUALLY casting....

This one :)

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:54 pm

where though?

ignorance is bliss!! we all know we can cast over 300m and it feels good :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:00 pm

petekd wrote:Casting meet is happening up the North Coast a bit Marco, not far from Coleraine. Its on the Sunday after the comp.

there ya go :) Ah yes my 300 meter cast isn't the best these days i'm only just scraping it :)

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:00 pm

wats the craic with check in where and wat time is it at :?:
Last edited by LOVE TO FISH on Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:41 pm

Can I suggest check in between 1.30pm and 2.30pm in the bar in the Lake of Shadows Hotel seeing as most lads are staying there. Be able to get a bit of grub there if needs be and checked in prior to heading to Dunree. Takes about 15 to 20 minutes max from there to get to the mark.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:36 am

that sounds ok, but working that day and may be a bit late it all depends on how heavy the mail is, so look out for a fat lad dressed as a postie :lol: :lol: see you all there.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:17 pm

If you're running late MC, give us a bell and we'll draw a peg for you.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:30 pm

thanks mate, i will do that, but hope to be there even if its in uniform (see avatar)

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:17 pm

what time is the first cast? what time do we have to be on the beach/mark for?