1st Leg, Leinster Boat League, May 20, Kilmore Quay

Sea Angling Ireland SAC was set up by users of the site in 2005.

Moderator: Don

1st Leg, Leinster Boat League, May 20, Kilmore Quay

Postby jd » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:08 pm

Following on from
http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... php?t=9040

Can club members post here if they are a
definite

or a

maybe

Unfortunately, I can't make this...
jd
Last edited by jd on Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jd
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 526 times
Blog: View Blog (5)

definate

Postby jw » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:29 pm

definate
jw
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 83 times

Postby petekd » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:34 pm

I wasn't going to bother as I didn't fancy a confidence sapping trouncing prior to the Masters... :oops: Have since had a rethink, its Kilmore Quay, its easy enough and enjoyable enough fishing so to hell with it.... Put me down so, I'll do my best to fly the flag with JW.
Fluff chucking is the new black..... Rampant Wreckfish is a fly angler in denial :D
petekd
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 114 times

Postby m.b3 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:49 pm

u'll do fine Pete. let me know the date. i know a lad that does very well off kilmore :wink: !
m.b3
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 143 times
Blog: View Blog (8)

Postby BigPhil » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:11 pm

kilmore and a competition like this is just what ya need pete with the masters this year.....good practice and also some tips to be picked up.... :wink:
Not the BigPhil from Irish Angler mag, I'm the original, i swear!!!!
BigPhil
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 13 times

Postby petekd » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:36 pm

You're probably right lads, what I would have been concerned about is going to something like that and getting a battering and have it pretty much ruin any excitement in the build up to the Masters. But as I said I've reconsidered. That would have been something of a defeatist approach and thats not my style. Got a lot to learn over the next few months and would like to see how the other lads approach it alright. I thoroughly enjoyed fishing Kilmore quay last year with SAI too.

I'm hoping its like the shorefishing. Somewhere along the way comes a moment of clarity and all of a sudden the pieces begin to fall into place. I cannot believe the difference in the numbers of fish I'm catching this year as opposed to even just last year by small, subtle little changes in technique.

We'll give it our best shot and we'll not go down without a scrap! :wink:
Fluff chucking is the new black..... Rampant Wreckfish is a fly angler in denial :D
petekd
SAI Megalodon!

Postby Mr_Green » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:46 pm

i would go if i thought i wasnt under pressure 2 catch fish...im only a novice in the boat field...
Mr_Green

Postby petekd » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:58 pm

I would love to tell you you wouldnt be but at the end of the day its a competition and therefore, no matter how you approach it your under pressure to catch fish :wink: ! I'll be honest, I cant see too many fellas competing in this wanting to spend any time showing someone the ropes. If you're a real boat novice, get along to some of the SAI boat comps which are generally very relaxed and pick up some hints on what works over what ground etc to test the water so to speak. I'm not trying to put you off mate, its just that a boat could be a very confined space if you manage to upset someone thats all.... and some lads do take their comps very very seriously....
petekd
SAI Megalodon!

Postby Mr_Green » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:12 pm

if im angry it wouldnt b me worried bout bein confined :wink: but ur prob right... hopefully get out a few times on the boats with the club and see whats what...
Mr_Green

Return to Sea Angling Ireland SAC