Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:09 pm

kstaff wrote:Can anyone from the area shed any light on recent reports? Who's going down there this weekend for practice?

I fished Cahore the weekend before last (same beach, about 4 miles further north) in a howling gale.

Got pretty much what you'd expect, lots of small whiting, codling and dabs. A few double dabs/whiting, so plenty of fish there. Most would have been counters. Everything was on lug. Fishing eased off as it got dark and the tide came in.

Couldn't stay late due to horizontal rain.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:23 pm

It seems most of the SE beaches are throwing up plenty of small fish at present, hopefully they will stick around awhile longer, better to be kept busy with small lads I guess.

Is Morriscastle beach near where we are going?

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:29 pm

Morriscastle is the name of the beach at Kilmuckridge. Kilmuckridge is really just the town a bit inland.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:41 pm

Ok Lads

Checkin will be at Sean Ogs pub between 11.30 am and 12.30 pm

Final venue still TBC

JD

???

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:36 pm

Sorry to ask the obvious :?: . Where is Sean Ogs pub.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:44 pm

Hi Ferg,

It's about a quarter mile north of Kilmuckridge village on the coast road (R742, heading out of Kilmuckridge towards Ballygarrett/Gorey).

See you there,
Jonathan

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:00 am

The following have said they may be there..

jd,petekd,teacher,fishaholic,seaniebo,
kstaff,alby,m.b3,mrgreen,steve,
kraken,patspillane,marco,lovetofish,ferg,
coaster,croppyboy,kleeneze,mickthepainter,jw,
mac

That is 21 so far.
Any updates ?

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:19 am

Assuming we're fishing Morriscastle (any word on this?) here's a map.

Location of Ssean Óg's is approximate, but you'll get the general idea ...

[img]http://www.cs.tcd.ie/Jonathan.Dukes/pics/kilmuckridge.gif[/img]

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:23 am

By the way, 60's night on Sundays in the Hydro (Sean Og's) for the guys coming back from the boat trip :lol:

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:13 pm

i'm gonna be there lads...

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:44 pm

pob wrote:i'm gonna be there lads...

wheres that the 60's nite? :D :wink:

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:54 am

Righty ho lads, those of ye that are familiar with this venue at this time of year might post up a bit of info regarding bait, tackle and tactics etc for the rest of us if ye wouldnt mind :D

Thanks in advance

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:00 pm

petekd wrote:Righty ho lads, those of ye that are familiar with this venue at this time of year might post up a bit of info regarding bait, tackle and tactics etc for the rest of us if ye wouldnt mind :D

See my post on page 3. That was about 4 miles north of Kilmuckridge but on similar ground. I haven't fished Kilmuckridge in a while, but I expect it to be similiar to Cahore with small dabs, whiting, codling, etc. I'll be bringing mainly lug.

Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:13 pm

John put me down too, will pay Petekd the membership tonight.

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:08 pm

im outta this 1 lads...clutch went in the car... its gettin fixed on saturday so ill still be able 2 go on the kilmore boat trip on sunday ....

meet

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:39 pm

Were will we meet up even though im from wexford town im not to sure of area

ill have to try and order some rag and lug

croppy

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:50 pm

We meet in Sean Ogs- see map above.

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:34 am

I'm 95% certain of this. I'm sick and on antibiotics att the moment though..

BTW for those of us going on the boat- if it gets called off I plan a few hours on the quays in town to see if any cod are running!

jd

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:39 am

Can we get a rough decision by say friday morning from the skipper as I wont be booking accomodation until the trip is confirmed.

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:41 am

petekd wrote:Can we get a rough decision by say friday morning from the skipper as I wont be booking accomodation until the trip is confirmed.

I'll give him a call.