GOOD LUCK MARK

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:04 pm

Good luck Mark in the fish of this weekend we are all very proud of you.

Colin

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Well said Colin, I second that.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:30 pm

Best of luck Mark and to all this weekend, with the forecast it looks set to be uncomfortable fishing to say the least.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:34 pm

Agreed, best of luck Mark hope all goes well.

Donal.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:19 pm

Good luck mark! Keep that Seanie boy away from the fossils!

jd

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:45 pm

all the best with it mark, maybe next stop brazil!!!!

Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:44 pm

Whats the latest on the compo anyone know???????????????????

Colin

Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:14 pm

Heard the first session was very tough, guys using 7oz grips to hold, think 6 or 7 fish was the best bag :(

Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:45 pm

heard John O'Brien won with Stephen Brennan second, not sure of the other 3.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:23 pm

heard today, were the surnames meer and hennessey or something?? :?
only 4 spots up for grabs as noel fogarty is already on as team captain for winning the masters.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:37 pm

There were 5 places up for grabs as each angler agreed before hand to pay 60e into a fund to bring an extra angler as a sub. Fishing was hard the first day. Night session had some dogs and whiting winner of one zone had 17 fish. Today was flat calm and winner in one zone had 15 fish mostly flounders. There were 3 zones of ten 100 yards apart from eachother. I think Tom MacAdam was in 5th.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:49 am

1 John O Brien
2 Stephen Brennan
3 John Meare
4 Joe Hennessey
5 Tom Mc Adam

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:33 pm

Congratulations to Mark for staying in the top 20. No mean feet considering the pedigree of anglers fishing down there this weekend! Conditions were indeed atrocious on the first session with a few blanks and any fish hard to come by. Think "Cooke" from the forum won his zone well with a few flounders and whiting. The night session was a welcome break from the conditions with a bit of shelter on Rosslare strand where it was mostly dogs and whiting, Mark had a counting dab too. third session was calm almost summer like conditions with a gentle roll coming onto the beach, again mostly flounder with the odd coalie and whiting thrown in. A serious amount of undersize fish caught and it was those that could get through these to get a few counters that did well.

Many congratulations to John O Brien for winning it overall and well done to mark again for making the top twenty. This means he's automatically through to next years fish offs to go through it all again!

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:42 pm

Seaniebo wrote: This means he's automatically through to next years fish offs to go through it all again!

Hopefully you'll join him, Sean! (if you don't win the MA!!)

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:45 pm

Well done Mark, your flying the flag well...

Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:04 pm

i came 8th. 2nd in my zone the first day and 6/7th the night i think i came 3rd the last day. it was tough conditions during the first session alright, the flounder just werent around. the night session messed me up big time. great experience though. roll on the fish off next year.
I must say that the stewards were the most organised and friendly ive ever met, fair play to them for making a great weekend of it.
Last edited by ViperSD on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:31 pm

cheers lads! tough goin. learned a lot and i am not put off by the big names anymore. 1rst session went bad for me, 2nd was a mediocre result and i fished well on the last day. well done to all that made the placings. see yee next year! :lol:
Last edited by m.b3 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:02 pm

oh forgot to say big thanks to all stewards! cheers! very well run event.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:52 pm

Estuary Lad wrote:There were 5 places up for grabs as each angler agreed before hand to pay 60e into a fund to bring an extra angler as a sub. Fishing was hard the first day. Night session had some dogs and whiting winner of one zone had 17 fish. Today was flat calm and winner in one zone had 15 fish mostly flounders. There were 3 zones of ten 100 yards apart from eachother. I think Tom MacAdam was in 5th.

ah, sorry lads, i didnt hear anything about the guys all paying to send a sub up front....excellent idea, good to hear that a reserve angler is travelling, it would be good to have this for all championships......even at the master angler competition it would be good to have all anglers chipping in some cash at the start of the competition and this going towards the costs of the winner travelling as a reward for their efforts.
excellent team produced and fair play to all of you for fishing through the tedious conditions

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:25 pm

i was talkin 2 john o brien 2day...he was telling me he was 6 fish behind stephen... and he came back in the last session 2 win it r somethin 2 that effect...and stephen werent 2 happy lol