Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:02 pm

Mr_Green wrote:im goin... 1st timer..go easy on me :oops: lol...bring ur own bait obviously?

Fish beside me ... I haven't been fishing in about 3 months ;)

... on second thoughts, maybe nobody should fish beside me until I see if I remember how to cast straight. :D

Remind me again, do you hold the narrow end or the wide end of the rod :?

Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:46 am

Hey Mr Green - I'm a first timer too - think we might go to one end of the beach (just not to embarass ourselves) :oops: :oops: :oops:

Shag that ..... get into the middle of everyone and try to learn some stuff

:lol: :lol: :lol:

john.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:55 am

I'll be in Jack Whites between Noon and 1pm.
Leaving Jack Whites, we drive towards Arklow and take a left after the sign saying "Redcross River". Then take a right, and right again.

First Timers

Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:38 am

Hi there
There will be a few first timers there. Can we get one end of the beach on our own :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:09 pm

I'll probably see you at JW's pub JD - hope the coffee is up to scratch!

Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:54 pm

Hope to be ther too. Where in Dublin / Meath do you dig Lug?

Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:53 pm

yeah we might need some space eh? lol... how do u get 2 it from britas bay then?

Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:09 pm

Just stay on the main road for Arklow and follow JD's instructions.

JD is there a backup plan and is it N or S beach as I will be a bit late

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:33 pm

so incase i get lost ..can some1 pm there number... just 2 cover all possibilites lol... i aint no gps :lol:

Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:58 am

Hi
After some consultation we are fishing the north beach.
As for a reserve, if it is unfishable, so will be most of the locality. We will decide early morning if necessary. However most of the weather models are saying it will be a typical fresh winter westerly so we should be ok (but cold!) This is a friendly meet /comp, but all are welcome to enter the comp.
10 e entry (60/40/20 po) and 5 euro pool for biggest fish.

Included are pics of beach, and entry to beach (+ parking spot)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:06 pm

Whats the bottom like here, are we going to be fishing over clean ground?

Donal.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:49 pm

There are submerged rocks where you come out but 20 yards up the beach up to malin head is clean. The area is know for strong tides and is one of the reasons you can fish here in peace on a summer day as its unsafe for swimming. Though there was a move to make it a nudist beach 10 years oe so back. Only evidence I ever saw of it was one day having to step over a naked fat german every 50 yards when walking up the beach with me da one Sunday.

Donagh

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:40 pm

:D Nice...... :D Good old germans.....always good for a laugh.

a hairy bottom is always tricky!

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:38 pm

Donagh wrote:Only evidence I ever saw of it was one day having to step over a naked fat german every 50 yards when walking up the beach with me da one Sunday.
Donagh

So in answer to Don;s question about what the bottom was like, the answer is HAIRY!!!! :D :?

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:46 pm

Where can I find Jack White's pub, don't feel like getting lost so I guess the pub is my safest bet.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:52 pm

Jack White's pub is about 4 miles before Arklow on the main Dublin Wexford road. When the dual carriageways/motorways fromDublin turn to single carriageway, you know you are about 5 miles away.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:53 pm

Tks JD,

S/U there so

Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:11 am

Ok

List is
jd
mac(maybe)
jw
kraken
steve
teacher
fishaholic
kleeneze
mickthepainter
alby
ferg
marco
pat spillane
coaster
blaker
kstaff
mr_green
don

which is 18 people

Any additions /subtractions?

jd

I'll have ifsa cards and diaries with me. I'm stilling waiting for cards for ferg,kstaff and coaster

Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:17 am

sorry looks like Im out.

Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:43 pm

That looks like a great turn out, hope the Bass know we're coming, heard they are giving themselves up down there to float fished sweetcorn ;-)