Sea Angling Ireland Sea Angling Club (SAC)

Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:00 am

Im just wondering if SAI are going to open its doors this year to other IFSA members this year like most other clubs do as there is nothing worse than turning up at a comp and not being able to fish it.

associates

Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:42 am

ask JD for associate membership - available to all IFSA members and it will allow you fish all the SAI meets and comps bar the master anglers...

Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:42 pm

just wondered....if it is a club masters comp, and you want to take part, you have to be a full member....ok.understand that no probs

if it is an saisac club outing surely other anglers could tag along if they wished (something like the last north south meet?) without being an associate member, but not actually take part in the club comp if one was running?

just a little confused as to the need for associate membership as plenty of meets have been fished before by anglers who are not SAISAC members or associate members or for that matter not even ifsa members etc?
if you are an associate member of SAISAC is ifsa membership included in it? as you need ifsa membership to get the associate membership, you probably dont get another membership from it, i am considering it myself, but just want to know what it is that i would actually be paying for etc
Last edited by BigPhil on Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:00 pm

I fished along side members at a comp before but wasnt included in the competition as I wasnt a member, but got to meet the anglers and have a laugh.
It might benifet the club if you open the competitions and get more people fishing and the prizes would be better if its cash also allowing better competition and a better turn out.

Is there many clubs in Ireland which have this associate member set up ?

Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:30 pm

the problem neilus is insurance all clubs affiliated to the ifsa are covered by the ifsa insurance on boat and shore if someone got the smack of a lead on the beach by a none member and was seriously injured the none member could find themselves with claim against them for medical bills and pain and suffering and for a club to allow a none member to participate would also be liable and the ifsa insurance wouldnt cover them in that instance because the club would be in breach of insurance policy.In saying that any clubs organiseing open comps can allow non ifsa members fish but have to charge them entry to comp and a fee for an ifsa visitors pass which will mean that member is insured for that comp only. hope i havnt gone on to much and that explains the red tape end of angling tight lines

Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:35 pm

b**ger that think ive replied to question from another thread :oops: