Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:27 pm

Any Dublin or Wicklow venues planned or laytown beach if weather is right and can I suggest a back up venue to be decided before we travel.
Is there any piers that can hold compo :?: :?: :?: . All the above sound great but can we hold back till we see the members list for 2007 or somewhere close to it. Can members were possible say if they intend to fish compos so we can get an idea how many will fish them.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:05 pm

Hi
Make suggestions and they will be considered.
We already said we would set the backup venues when the fixture list is agreed..

Piers may be a bit difficult - you really need to have official sanction.

There will probably be a comp in Wicklow, and also one in North Wexford.

This club is sea angling ireland . Going back to the original meeting, the focus of the club was to fish all around the coast of Ireland.

jd
Last edited by jd on Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:10 pm

Steve wrote:At the risk of being lynched, I would suggest fishing the surf beaches around Brandon again next August/September.....with suitable back-ups organised!

Yes- I want to give it a proper go!!
BTW charter available near Brandon too for those who like boats..
http://www.worldseafishing.com/news/145 ... 10-17.html

Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:29 pm

Any other ideas?
So people would be keen on a comp in Waterford, and an outing by the Cunnigar, some weekend??
jd

Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:40 pm

I'm not a member but I'll suggest a couple of marks.

Glin in Co. Limerick over low water june til september. Access is easy and I haven't blanked there for about a year and a half and that was fishing the wrong tide.

Carrig Island west in north kerry on a neap flood can produce plenty of fish and pretty much any species you'd care to mention.

I might join up but I wouldn't mind seeing the fixture list first.

Donagh

Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:31 pm

Little Killary??

Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:42 pm

Lots of guys from Cork on here so we could always arrange something down there. Having said that I suppose competitions at the extreme ends of the coasts can pose difficulties for people.

I'd love the idea of a species hunt. Probably have to fish it from very productive areas but it would give great sport and opportunities to those of us who mightn;t be able to hit the horizon!

Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:18 pm

Did Little Killary this year, blanked in a howling left to right wind blowing in from America from the feel of it. Then took a wrong turn on leaving and ended up touring around the wildest Connemara for a couple of hours.

Lovely spot though but in fairness, I'm in no hurry back!

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:02 pm

petekd wrote:Did Little Killary this year, blanked in a howling left to right wind blowing in from America from the feel of it. Then took a wrong turn on leaving and ended up touring around the wildest Connemara for a couple of hours.

Lovely spot though but in fairness, I'm in no hurry back!

i'll show you how to fish it.. and how to get there too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:08 pm

No problems getting there, it was getting back when I had issues. As for teaching me how to fish it, your on, Ill show you how to catch Turbot. :D

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:11 pm

petekd wrote:No problems getting there, it was getting back when I had issues. As for teaching me how to fish it, your on, Ill show you how to catch Turbot. :D
i'll be catchin plenty of them at lettergesh...

which could be a place to try...

also gurteen...
ballyreen..
blackrock,salthill...
blackhead,co.clare

but to name just a few

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:15 pm

I wouldnt mind another crack at Ballyreen in fairness. The majority of us that were there last year had to endure Mb.3s whooping and hollering as he landed fish after fish while we struggled (and I of course blanked).

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:15 pm

salthill?? da place is rubbish(sometimes)

However if u do go there make sure i am on holiday coz dats when all da huss are caught...................and rays........

Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:48 am

fishinmidget wrote:salthill?? da place is rubbish(sometimes)

However if u do go there make sure i am on holiday coz dats when all da huss are caught...................and rays........

shhh.. if they have a comp there i dont have far to walk to join in the fun :lol: :lol: any way species include doggies,huss, pollock,coalfish,thornies,flatties,conger,whiting,etc etc (depending on time of year)

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:24 pm

Wouldnt mind a return to little kilary meself, in the right conditions it can produce year round. A good option for the slower months. Theres some good beaches here in Sligo and south Donegal aswell but I may be biased towards them living here now.

Agree with Steve about the Kerry beaches, the lads were definitely unlucky this year with the conditions, these can produce spectacular results at times.

The wall is another one Id put my name down for, again as pete said in the slower months when the crowds have all but moved on there will be plenty of fish still to be had, no lunkers but no blanks either (hopefully!)

Wouldnt mind a go at ballinwillig/garryvoe around this time next year. Fished an open there 3 or four weeks ago and had nine counting fish including Dogs, strap congers, coalies(~1.5lb) codling(~2.5-3lb) and a 9lb painted ray! Would have to be at night though.

Reckon North wexford in early - mid July would give the best chance of a smoothie. Morriscastle, Tinnabearna, Clogga or Arklow all worth a crack.

Would like to hit Laytown as kleeneze was saying but it would have to be after September due to blankets of weed in mid summer and the weather and conditions would have to be good. On its day it can throw up good numbers of bass and flounder but when the conditions dont suit you may as well go home.

Would also just like to suggest a few more comps in darkness. I know this does'nt always suit with people having to do a lot of travelling but theres certain venues that really only come to life after dark and as the lads will attest to goulane even though lifeless by day (due to flat calm conditions) was just starting to fish when the comp was finishing.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:01 am

Couple of pics....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:08 pm

after the weekend Waterford has to be a must :idea: :idea: :idea:

Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:13 pm

i would b up for ones around the galway area as i cant drive :evil: :evil: and i would like to meet you all and i would really like to see drew crack off :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:29 pm

ok lads- we will be deciding on venues Wednesday or Thursday night, so last chance to make suggestions.

Also charter suggestions please :)
jd

Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:45 pm

Alternative to Inch Strand in Cork is 5 minutes up the road at Ballybrannigan. Nearly a mile of sand with plenty of features, Cod, coalies, bass, flats, lsds etc. Handy if too many turned up to fish Inch if it was selected.

Enterprise from Rathmullan fishing the Swilly is an excellent Charter boat I have been on a few times, I cannot remember who we used for the SAI boat meet in the summer in Donegal, tanglerat organised it but he was an excellent skipper too.