Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:40 pm

There is no IFSA rule that restricts anglers fishing for the masters. Anglers can be a member of as many clubs as they like and fish the qualifiers in all these clubs. Clubs themselves may impose a rule that their members cannot fish the master qualifiers in another club but this is a hard rule to impose if you want to retain members.

Provincial Recorders job are made easier if anglers are members of only one club when it comes to calculating league points in open events.

But as I said, there is no IFSA ruling that precludes anglers fishing master angler qualifiers in multiple clubs

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:53 pm

Cooke wrote:There is no IFSA rule that restricts anglers fishing for the masters. Anglers can be a member of as many clubs as they like and fish the qualifiers in all these clubs. Clubs themselves may impose a rule that their members cannot fish the master qualifiers in another club but this is a hard rule to impose if you want to retain members.

Provincial Recorders job are made easier if anglers are members of only one club when it comes to calculating league points in open events.

But as I said, there is no IFSA ruling that precludes anglers fishing master angler qualifiers in multiple clubs

I wonder then why it was brought up two years ago :(
jd

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:56 pm

lads .. i might be wrong (usually am) but SAI doesn't cover a province.. it covers a whole country.. that could be where the problem may lay :?: :?:

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:59 pm

stevecrow74 wrote:lads .. i might be wrong (usually am) but SAI doesn't cover a province.. it covers a whole country.. that could be where the problem may lay :?: :?:

That copuld be it- it rings a bell. There was certainly concerns about people fishing MAs in multyiple provinces.
jd

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:59 pm

A lot of clubs ask you to declare allegiance to one club or another upon joining if, like myself, you have multiple memberships. Personally, I think you should be allowed, as long as you're fully paid up to fish a Master Angler series in as many as you see fit. If there is no IFSA ruling on it then how do clubs police it?

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:59 pm

ok..here's an analogy for you.. say one person joins a club in each province... and wins master angler in each club.. that alone will reduce the overall number of anglers that will fish the master angler competition...
that will be the reason clubs ask you to declare allegiance...

Master Angler

Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:17 pm

That a very good point Steve

My own view is that if someone is a full member, they are entitled to fish and compete for the MA title. If the IFSA has no rules against someone joining and competing in several club MA competitions, then that is a matter for the IFSA. A declaration of allegiance would run against the social nature of this club, IMHO...

If the IFSA want to regularise the situation, that's another matter.

Associate members would be entitled to fish the competition but not win it.
This is my understanding of the situation and I think it is fair enough...

RSVP

Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:28 pm

okay, i had a think about this, i think i know where it all came from.....

its nothing to do with master angler....if you win in a few clubs, then pick what one you are going to represent at the master angler comp, then let second place man in each other club go to represent those clubs....simple.

the problem that some people had a while back....indeed i think that a motion went to an ifsa agm on the matter was that an anglers shouldnt be allowed to fish in 2 different closed gold medal competitons.....thus giving them more chances to make an irish home nations team......

for sake of an example..... perhaps a man living in donegal, memeber of a club in bundoran(ulster) and a club in mullaghmore (connaught)
this means that whenever the closed gold shore or boat comes up in each province that as a member in each, he is entitled to fish each...

but in the SAI SAC situation, correct me if im wrong...... as the club is affiliated through leinster provincial council, the memebrs of the club are only eligable to fish for the leinster closed gold medals, not ulster,connaught,or munster - ebven though they may reside in these provinces....to do this they would have to be a member of a club which is affiliated in their home province.

Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:32 pm

BigPhil wrote:but in the SAI SAC situation, correct me if im wrong...... as the club is affiliated through leinster provincial council, the memebrs of the club are only eligable to fish for the leinster closed gold medals, not ulster,connaught,or munster - ebven though they may reside in these provinces....to do this they would have to be a member of a club which is affiliated in their home province.

Ok- so it is up to each angler to ensure he/she only fishes one Gold Medal, if he/she is in clubs in different provinces?
jd

Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:41 pm

I don't want to hack an old point but theres well know cork angler in a number of clubs in munster to boost his chances of qualifying. He joined the shannon town club at one stage but on his first outing they fished a paticularly snaggy spot. After loosing a trace nearly every cast he never went to any more of the clubs comps.

Donagh

Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:50 am

A motion was defeated at last years AGM asking that anglers had to be domiciled in a given provence to win that provincial closed gold event.

As long as an angler is registered in a club within any given provence, they are entitled to win the provincial closed gold medal in that provence. It does not matter where they live.

The federation is quite content to allow anglers join and fish multiple club master angler leagues and allow anglers affiliate in multiple provences as it all generates revenue and participation.

I'm not certain of the position with the SAI club as there was never any provision for registering clubs other than through the provincial councils. My opinion would be that if it was registered through Leinster, then members can fish any provincial closed event but can only be awarded the gold medal if they win the Leinster Closed.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:58 pm

at present though cooke would it not be the case that members of SAISAC could only enter the leinster closed gold medal events and none in any other province?

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:53 am

If I am wrong on this one shoot me butif i can remember right its the gold medal of the province that you live in that you can fish for as long as you are in a club registered with that council. eg. If iwas only in the Sai club i could fish in no closed gold medal as i live in Ulster and the Sai is registered as a Leinster club

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:01 am

how does this sound for a solution to the gold medal question Why doesnt the Sai club register as 4 clubs (1 in each province) called SAI L ,SAI U SAI M and SAI C. funds could still be centralised and every member can fish there own provincial medals and could have 4 master anglers. You still only need 1 master angler series with the best finisher from each province being they qualifier

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:03 am

codfather wrote:how does this sound for a solution to the gold medal question Why doesnt the Sai club register as 4 clubs (1 in each province) called SAI L ,SAI U SAI M and SAI C. funds could still be centralised and every member can fish there own provincial medals and could have 4 master anglers. You still only need 1 master angler series with the best finisher from each province being they qualifier

This has been proposed before, but we only have about 40 members at present. WE'd have to get it past each provincial council too!

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:11 am

Have a committee man from each province to represent the club and do the provincial work. It might help to generate a lot more interest.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:29 am

To register the club in each province the club would have to pay an affiliation and insurance fees €250 plus €21 for each member.

regarding the "closed gold medal" all these comeptitions are opens meaning that any angler registered to the ifsa can fish it. where the rules come into is only an angler registered with that province can win the gold medal and repersent that province in the interprovincial