Little Kilary Comp

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:48 am

Hello All,

just a note to say thanks to all who fished and made the LONG trip on Sat.
Great to meet everyone in person and really enjoyed the fishing (as windy as it was) in such a beautiful spot! Can't wait to get back there on a warm Summer evening and hammer some Huss too!

See you all in Clare.

kstaff

Competition results in terms of fish

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:16 pm

Hi Kstaff

Nice to see someone threatening Mark's master angler status, well sort of! :wink:

What was the return in terms of fish, I heard the ray were available?
Could not make it sadly, although I say the wind was perishing there?

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:23 pm

Hi Kieran,

sorry you didn't make it. The fishing was poor to be honest, I think there were 4 Ray landed with Mark taking 2. JP lost 1 in kelp early on and there were a few doggies taken too. The whiting started to show at at the end but time was up!

I'll definitely be back there later in the year, I never knew such a place existed.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:41 pm

Absolutely gorgeous place lads, it was worth the trip for the scenery alone. Nice to meet everyone again too. Shame about the weather and lack of fish, but I seem to have picked up a nice tan from the wind burn, so it wasn't all bad!

I'll have to go back and try it on a nice summers day, it looks a cracking mark in the right conditions.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:28 pm

Fantastic looking spot, good to meet up, shame about lack of fish but no matter. The drive up was nothing short of spectacular. Congrats to MB3 on the win, fair play mate. See you all in Clare lads, dont forget the pollack, wrasse and bass bashing available up there....!

Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:59 am

Hello lads,

Glad to see that the competition went well. Well done all who caught. I had full intentions on fishing it but I was hit with a stomach bug on Thursday night that messed up my weekend.
I will admit that 7 hours of non-stop rugby coverage and Ireland lifting the tripple crown helped ease the disappointment.

Roll on Carrigaholt.

Sean.