meeting point

Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:13 am

Meet:

outside coffee shop / craft shop on the entrance to Leenane village - there is a large car park on the other side of the road beside the sea. ONE PM.

Can we also please have a roll call NOW as to who will be attending?

Thanks.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:26 am

Ill be there barring any major work issues...for that read text messages at 4am from drunk up staff claiming to be sick......or the dreaded 7.30am phone calls.... :evil:

Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:31 am

should be there

Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:08 pm

I'll be there or sure. Must check out the AA route planner to get me from Limerick...I'm bound to get lost!

Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:32 pm

Steve just head for Glalway city, from there head for Moycullen - Oughterard - Maam cross where you turn right and then its about a half hour drive to Leenan. About half way from maam cross to leenan theres a t junction just as you cross a river with a big white pub and shop facing you. Take the left here and the next stop is leenan.
Will know by tonight for sure whether Ill be able to make it or not.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:50 pm

I'll be there as well. I'll be staying Saturday night. Anyone else? I would suggest that we all b&b it in the same area for a few pints. Let me know if you are staying and I'll have a look for a b&b for us all.

Kev

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:15 pm

Let me know if you are staying and I'll have a look for a b&b for us all.

Ah go on so... Presume this may mean a cast or two on the Sunday as well then? :D

Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:06 pm

Coaster & kstaff will be there

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:34 am

Have fished this mark a few times now and have found sandeel wrapped in squid to be deadly for the ray.

Carl.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:39 pm

Sorry Lads,

I can't make this one as the baby is due any time now. Hope you get plenty of fish and go easy on the pints Saturday night.

This whole family thing really kills the fishing doesn't it ..

Good Luck,

Donal.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:51 pm

Best of luck with the baby Don, our first arrived 4 months ago. I find if I play my cards right, I can actually get every bit as much fishing in as before, havent quite worked out yet though whether I have an extremely forgiving and understanding partner or whether I'm just a selfish git.. :lol:

Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:56 am

Thanks for that Sean, I'l leave a little early just in case. I've no more access to the net from this afternoon on, so if something drastic happens (change of meeting place, venue etc), would you get Mark to give me a buzz with the details? Cheers!

Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:51 pm

Will do. Best of luck everybody and safe driving :)

Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:50 pm

Folks,
May I wish you all the best of luck on Saturday. Sorry I can't make it, but I will try to make one of the later ones.
I hope the easterly wind does not kill off the fishing.
BTW, do macks count in competition?
JK

Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:44 pm

Macks don't count (nor herring,lauce or sea trout..)

Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:47 pm

1st - M.B3 (226)
2nd Kstaff (118)
3rd Mac (90)
4th Seaniebo (73)
5th coaster (69)
6th Jp/aidan (50)

(TBC with Mac)
Last edited by jd on Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:37 am

Just back from the west. Great weekend and good to meet up with everyone. Shame about the wind! Meself Mark and jp fished the beach beside little kilary today for a couple of hours and got four more ray to 8lb 3oz. Nice to have the wind in your back for a change.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:46 am

Hi Seaniebo, which beach were you fishing and what bait took the ray??

Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:35 pm

Hello there Bradan. The ray all came to sandeel from low water up to half tide. We left after that. Its the beach facing where you park for Little kilary. Dont know the name of it.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:38 pm

nice turn out for the comp lads. good to see you all!!! shame about the weather, but a lovely spot none the less....