Comp March 18th

Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:26 pm

Are there confirmed numbers for Little Kilary?

Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:00 pm

I should be there.
I imagine Seaniebo and m.b3 will be there to - I hear rumours they have been getting some practice up there ;P

Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:35 pm

I'll definitely be there this time around. I'm in Limerick for the long weekend, so will head up Saturday morning.

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:03 pm

count me in....

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:16 pm

just try stop me. have a weekend pass from the wife and want my first ray :D :D

Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:13 pm

yeah i'm in. work in dublin on thursday, schools cup final on friday, session in courtmac on saturday and comp on sunday. I may not be troubling the leaders

Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:25 pm

Blaker, I think the comp is on the saturday?

Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:10 am

I hope to be there.

Re: Comp March 18th

Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:16 pm

kstaff wrote:Are there confirmed numbers for Little Kilary?

Why do you ask. I know that there is no way that you will be aloud out to play. :D :D

comp march 17th

Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:30 pm

Hi Coaster,

I'm not going to Boston and was going to drive you up there! You'd benefit in 2 ways, a lift and a lesson!!!!

However you blew the chance of a lift!!!

Lesson to follow!!!

Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:42 pm

Kieran/Sean,

Just wondering what the tidal flow is like here? Will a standard 4 or 5oz lead be ok, or are grips required?

And is it deep water from under your feet, or a gradual shelving?

Thanks.

Steve.

Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:16 pm

Hows it going Steve. The tidal flow here is minimal. youd get away without grippers if you liked, no problem. Theres deep water at your feet which shelves slightly to deeper water about 30 yards out.

Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:47 pm

Good save Sean. I really don't know if I can make that. Expect me when you see me I guess

Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:22 am

posting from Madrid airport at themoment. only 3 hours to go before I get my connection back...... I´ll be at this comp as well.

Kev

Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:38 pm

eek
Could be a cold easterly for the comp
[img]http://www.wetterzentrale.de/wz/pics/Rtavn1442.png[/img]

Farming forecast said cold too, i believe
jd

easterly

Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:58 pm

Easterly is a death knell for this mark.

1. Suggest we look at alternatives that might be less weather affected.

2. Equally sean has pointed out that it can accommodate at most 8 people so if we get a big turnout, there would be pressure on the space available.

Any suggestions on either count?

Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:22 am

When myself and Mark fished it a couple of weeks ago there was a fairly stiff north easterly blowing and it did still produce dabs dogs and ray. The thing is it had been very calm in the week leading up to that, this week looks like having easterlies all week leading up to the comp.
Depending on the numbers that turn up Id be happy enough to persevere with Little Kilary seeing as how it was the scheduled venue but if others reckon we should try somewhere different thats fine by me too.

Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:17 pm

What sort of rig set up should we be using to tackle the thornies lads? My initial thoughts are a 3/0 pennell on a running ledger/pulley or similar baited with a nice big sandeel or strip of bloody mack/herring, am I in the right areas here lads or way off?! Never tackled thornies from the shore so not too sure. I did find on the boat however that the dirtiest bloodiest messiest baits were the ones that caught fish.

Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:30 pm

My initial thoughts are a 3/0 pennell on a running ledger/pulley or similar baited with a nice big sandeel or strip of bloody mack/herring

Not far off, I'd drop the hook size to let you have a go at the flatties and any whiting still around, and not bother with the pennel. You can take the rays on standard three hook flappers or clipped down rigs just as well...

FWIW

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:19 am

Cheers Kieran, See you all on Saturday so. Where/what time we meeting?