Re: Carrigaholt Comp, Sat April 29th.

Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:34 pm

Can I highly recommend to all the lads planning to fish this comp that they use their charm, wit, etc to convince respective other halves to let them stay over and sample some of the superb rock fishing nearby at the "Bridges of Ross". Some absolutely fabulous Pollack and Wrasse fishing to be had, its only about ten mins or so from Carrigaholt. Bound to be plenty of accomodation to be had in Kilkee/Kilrush at that time of year too.

Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:20 pm

Pete,

I printed off 100 copies of this post and left them lying around the house. Maybe she will get the hint.

Donal.

Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:16 am

Good man Don :D Tell her Kilkee is just a little fishing village with 2 pubs and a shop and you might be alright :wink:

Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:07 am

Just another point to perhaps woo more of you into considering spending the weekend in West Clare, About 20 mins or so drive from Kilkee is Doonbeg Strand. A surf beach where the current Irish record Bass was taken...............

Thornies etc in Carrigaholt, Specimen Wrasse and Pollack to be had at the Bridges and the chance to fish Doonbeg....C'mon lads how much convincing do ya need!!!

Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:18 pm

Pete,

I'll be there for the weekend for sure. No point in going all that way :D Was the Irish Record caught off White Strand in Doonbeg? I've fished it before. About 200 yards to the right looking out from where you park. Have had Bass to 5lb from there. Cracking looking beack all over though.

Kev

Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:50 pm

Wrong beach bud its Doughmore beach which had the record bass but well done on the 5 pounder from the white strand doughmore is the massive beach more to the right in a northerly direction.............

Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:28 pm

Apologies, now Im confused, Which one is the one you have to cross the golfcourse top get onto?

Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:04 pm

That's what I though Neilus..... White Strand is the one where you have to cross Doonbeg Golf Course....... Right :?: I heard that the record came from a beach a little further south. I have no idea of the Bass potentional of these beaches early in the year. I mostly fish them for Bass in August.... maybe July. Have any of you guys fished them from April??

Kev

Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:08 pm

Too busy Pollack and Wrasse bashing at the Bridges at that time of year. Its usually around the time I would venture onto the rocks again after a lonnnnggggg winter!

Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:19 pm

All going we'll I'll be at this one for the weekend 8) so we can give a few of the spots a try if you like. Really looking forward to this one.

Kev

Bill Rayn

Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:48 pm

Hi

Has anyone heard from Bill Ryan "Bridge of Ross" recently. He has retired to the area, lucky devil and knows the whole area intimately. I know he was unwell last autumn after moving down but hoepfully he's back up and about. If anyone has his contact details, can you PM me - I've lost them!

Thanks

Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:50 pm

I've his number. I'll pm it to you today.

Donagh

Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:06 pm

All going we'll I'll be at this one for the weekend so we can give a few of the spots a try if you like. Really looking forward to this one.

That makes two of us. Anyone else???