Logo Of Ireland Map

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:08 pm

Lads dont be carried away ;; this logo has been copy right and is owned by clondalkin deep sea angling the one with the ireland on it
Gerry

Re: Logo Of Ireland Map

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:44 pm

gerry wrote:Lads dont be carried away ;; this logo has been copy right and is owned by clondalkin deep sea angling the one with the ireland on it
Gerry

Hi Gerry
the designer of the logo with a hook through Ireland has assured us it is his own design..
jd

Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:50 am

gerry wrote:Lads dont be carried away ;; this logo has been copy right and is owned by clondalkin deep sea angling the one with the ireland on it
Gerry

Are you being serious or are you having a laff? :?

There's no sign anywhere on your club's website of the logo: http://www.freewebs.com/clondalkindeeps ... /index.htm

Deciding the logo was a 5 month process for us, here's the thread:
http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... sc&start=0

Didn't you spot it? It's the biggest thread on that forum :!:

I thought up the idea of Ireland dangling from a hook through Lough Neagh, others gave their input on what should be written, JGF pulled the whole lot together and produced the picture.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:27 am

Hi Gerry,
I can not see any images on your site???
TBF I Don't think plagiarism crossed anyone's mind.
JK

Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:24 am

If you go to the general photo album you'll see Gerry's cap with the logo on it. Not exactly the same as the SAI logo, yet similar in that it has Ireland surrounded by blue sea. I would think that with the SAI logo having a hook going through Lough Neagh where CDSA has a large gold hook on Ireland. With the web link within the patch on the SAI one, I would hope there's no need for concern.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:09 am

I'm locking this thread pending review. PMs are being sent to the relevant folk....

Sandman

Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:46 pm

Right

time to untwist a few knickers here folks! :wink:

Gerry assures me that no legal action is pending, which is just as well as there are no grounds. :wink:

You can copyright designs, as JGF has done for our logo on behalf of the Sea Angling Ireland SAC.

Furthermore the logos are all his original (and excellent and freely contributed) work - thanks from all the members to JGF and a nice shirt on its way m8... and as indicated already the logo is based on the ideas presented as some length on a thread on the boards already, so I hope that is sorted.

I have no doubt that hundreds of clubs associations and other organisations in ireland use a map of ireland in their logo or similar and I'm sure we'll not find ourselves in the High Court just yet.

Would yez all ever feck off an go fishin'! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks