SAI Next Comp......Killoughter.... vote needed for date

Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:15 pm

Guys,

Two options here guys.
Might be a big problem with the first one. This is the day after the Munster Open and I don't know if anyone from the club is planning to fish the Munster. I would like to get as big a turnout as possible so if we have members fishing the Munster and want to fish this one as well I will push it back to the 26th.

Sunday 20th November..... Decent tide fishing will be a little early (about 9:30am to 2:30pm) We can expect Withing, Doggies, Coalies, flatties and maybe Codling.

Saturday 26th of November. Slack tides fishing will be 1pm to 6pm. We would expect Whiting, Doggies and Coalies but the flatties and Codling might be very scarce due to the slack tides.

Guys...... I'm putting this one to a vote. Please let me know your preferred date or if you can make both, or none at all. I would like all SAI club members to respond to this one please.

CLOSING DATE FOR VOTE IS THIS FRIDAY 2PM.

Regards,

Kevin

20th is good

Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:44 pm

20th is good for me
cheers
Jon

Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:03 pm

Will be out of the country on the 20th but the 26th works for me.

Thanks,

Donal.

Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:14 pm

I can make both.

A quick one lads... just in case people are worried about the early start on the 20th. The plan would be to have people confirm 100% by the 18th. The Peg draw will be held by myself and M.b3 on the 19th and announced on the morning itself. People need only arrive 30 minutes at the latest before the off, get the stuff out of the car and get to your peg.

Kev

Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:15 pm

Sorry lads,
Working weekend of the 20th and fishing Kerry on weekend of 26th so won't be able to make this comp. Hope it goes well.

Pete

Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:20 am

Owing to the arrival of a 9lb bundle of joy on tuesday, I wont be able to make either of those dates, sorry lads but best of luck anyway.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:27 am

Congratulations to petekd. 9lb - must be over the specimen weight... :lol:

Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:33 am

Yeah, I told that missus of mine that stuffing all those vitamin pills down her neck, laying off the alcohol, not smoking etc would all lead to bother!!! 26 hours to land but, gotta say, finest thing I ever caught!

November 20th

Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:32 am

Just to advise that South Shore are holding a Leinster league competition on the 20th November. The usual arrangement is to fish three zones , one in Newcastle, 5Mile and Killoughter.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:41 am

:oops: :oops: Thanks Cooke, I'll await numbers and see where we are. I doubt that we will interfrere with there comp being as we are hoping to get 10 people. At the moment it's 50/50 guys. Please let me know what date suites you best.

Regards,

Kev

Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:55 pm

the 26th. for me!! have an important deadline on the 25th.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:30 pm

lads it's lookin like it's gonna be the 26th. we will be workin on a fixed list for next years venues over the next few weeks.

Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:09 pm

26th is is lads... I'll post meeting details for registration and peg draw soon. As Mark mentioned we will be working hard on nexts years Comps over the coming weeks, so people will have plenty of time to get the brownie points together and hopefully we'll see more people at the outings.

Regards,

Kevin

Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:21 am

Gents,

I am not sure how the tides are on the 26th but is there any possibility we could start an hour earlier and finish an hour earlier. If it has a negative effect on the fishing then leave it as it is. I will need to leave at 5pm for a medal presentation to the under 10 GAA team that I coach. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Donal.

Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:33 am

no problem with me! nice to get off the beach before the ice!

Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:53 pm

Cheers Mark, Kevin is fine with time change also. How do I get to this beach? Is the ground clean that we will be fishing over?

What time and where is the best place to meet?

Donal.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:45 pm

Guys,

The Comp is ON this weekend and I am trying to get an idea of Numbers. Please let me know by e-mail or post here if you plan too make it.

I am looking for a place to meet up for the Peg Draw if anyone can suggest one.

Fishing will be from 12 midday to 5pm.
Low Tide is 12:40 and High Tide is 18:50

Please try make it if you can.

Regards,

Kevin

Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:09 pm

hi mac
what about the pub in kilcoool as this is only 5 to 10 mins away from the beach.just a suggestion...

Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:45 pm

just to let ye know, I fished half way between killoughter and newcastle today with sandeel. Hoping for whiting dogs coalies etc but blanked. I only stayed for 40mins though because I traveled light with only 2 rigs, as I cycled down, lost one to snag then next cast and a crack off, so it was back on my bike home.
By the way the weather is ment to be absolutely rotten at the weekend.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
col

Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:26 am

heard about the bad weather alright. Kevin we will need a back up venue!!!!! i'll ring you 2moro??