Help needed

Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:27 pm

Lads have been thinking of joining for the last few months and now would be a good time with the new year. Thing is I dont drive :( . At least not yet. Will hopefully be by the summer. I do 90% of my fishing with a buddy who does drive (but hes not joining a club just yet I think) so I get a good bit done. Finished last season with 21 species and around 200 fish. Have been at it a few years now and would like to give the comps a go for the fun, experience and of course to try nab a prize. Question is do any of the members from Dublin give lifts? Im in Donaghmede, North Dublin and would have no problem paying for juice. Thanks, Jay.

Re: Help needed

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Jayball10 wrote:Lads have been thinking of joining for the last few months and now would be a good time with the new year. Thing is I dont drive :( . At least not yet. Will hopefully be by the summer. I do 90% of my fishing with a buddy who does drive (but hes not joining a club just yet I think) so I get a good bit done. Finished last season with 21 species and around 200 fish. Have been at it a few years now and would like to give the comps a go for the fun, experience and of course to try nab a prize. Question is do any of the members from Dublin give lifts? Im in Donaghmede, North Dublin and would have no problem paying for juice. Thanks, Jay.

Howya Jay I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem there are a good few lads based in north dublin or Meath

Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:00 pm

Howya jay, as Keith said lifts should not be a problem, I was in the same boat as yourself when I started and the kind people of sai were a great help, I'm in north Dublin myself but usually have a full car as I give two of the other lads lifts to comps but as Keith said loads of people in that area or close enough and we wouldn't see ya stuck ;)

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:04 pm

Lads thanks a mill for getting back. Great to know there's a good chance of a lift. I can bring my travel guitar and provide entertainment also! Top hits include Led Zeppelin "Whole lotta Lug", Barry Mannilow "Oh Sandeel" and Mark Morrison "Return of the Mackerel".

Haven't a breeze as to how the comps go so if anyone is doin a local session around Dublin or simply digging bait maybe I could tag along and burn your ear as to the ins and outs of match angling. Not much on with these bloody winds but hopefully in the coming weeks.

Thanks again lads.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:46 pm

Jayball10 wrote:Lads thanks a mill for getting back. Great to know there's a good chance of a lift. I can bring my travel guitar and provide entertainment also! Top hits include Led Zeppelin "Whole lotta Lug", Barry Mannilow "Oh Sandeel" and Mark Morrison "Return of the Mackerel".

Haven't a breeze as to how the comps go so if anyone is doin a local session around Dublin or simply digging bait maybe I could tag along and burn your ear as to the ins and outs of match angling. Not much on with these bloody winds but hopefully in the coming weeks.

Thanks again lads.

Hi Jay,

Wouldn't get too worried about the rules there're not that many and they are written on the score cards too :) The person signing your fish will give ya a hand too ;)

this might help though
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25799

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Jay pm me your number and I'll buzz you later on

Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:33 pm

Al wrote:Hi Jay,

Wouldn't get too worried about the rules there're not that many and they are written on the score cards too :) The person signing your fish will give ya a hand too ;)

this might help though
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25799

Thanks Al.

kstaff wrote:Jay pm me your number and I'll buzz you later on

Pm sent kstaff. Cheers.