balmullet

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:23 pm

Sorry Kieran
I cannot make it, our club Donegal Bay are having their open on Sunday the 6th 11 an to 4pm Rossnowlagh Beach
Dingbat

Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:29 am

Hi Ding

What's this - you not allowed fish two days in a row! :lol: jk :wink:
Weather forecast is improving but for those of you that are interested I think we will be fishing the northern shore, possibly around the mouth of the Blind Harbour or back into the channel if it is too rough. This will keep us out of the teeth of the S winds, around 20 knots but dropping...

With the hour falling back, it will be darkish by 5 pm so I am not sure if we will want to fish a 5 hour competition: we will decide on the day. I have four certainties and two possibles at this stage - and a few visitors likely. What's the matter with all these fair weather anglers! :wink:

Don't you know the weather is only glorious down here 8)

Now where did I put the waterproof sun block?

Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:16 pm

Kieran,
Count me in for this one, gonna come down early Saturday morning.

Pete

Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:06 am

Would love to be able to come along to this one lads but alas work has me snookered. Hopefully next time!

Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:12 am

Gents,

Apologies from me too. Can't make this one either.

Hope it fishes well for you.

Donal.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:59 am

Work, the ruination of the angling classes, has me sidelined as well. :cry:

Latest forecast: Meeting spot

Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:37 pm

Okay

Latest forecast is coming in sweet... heavy rain on the Friday night but NO rain except very early in the morning on Saturday, gone all day.

Winds veering from SW to S, even SSE dropping from 20 to 10 knots.
air pressure ( :cry: ) around 1016, dropping slowly.

Wrap up warm - barely over 10-12 C on the day.

Waves will be big, 3 metres coming in from SW to W at 10 second intervals which precludes Scotsport Bay as it would be too dangerous, and makes Belmullet lighthouse dodgy too especially on a rising tide. Hey , I finally found a use for those damn surfing websites :D !

LW is around 12:45 : I expect to be digging bait near Tippe Pier from 11...

Fishing from 1 to 5 or possibly 6 if people come prepared - lights - it gets dark now around 5 pm so probably a 4 hour competition this time.

My mobile is 087 2212369. Text or call me on the morning. I may have room for one more person if you are based in Castlebar. We can meet in the square in Belmullet (coffee shop just around the corner) or up at Tippe Pier (30 minute drive - tractors!) where there is limited parking.

Tippe Pier has more variety, the channel is sheltered if the NOAA have got the weather wrong, it fishes well on the filling tide and we can start with the rocks out around the mouth into the deep water over what is mixed but occasionally very foul ground. There is the possibility of any number of species - round and flat. Anyone has a preference, PM me...

My car is a silver Toyota Corolla with rods on the roofrack! :wink:

BTW, bring the waterproofs just in case. Most baits will work just fine and gawd help us all if the ribble (coalfish) are in as the bags will be massive.

Take it easy on the way down if you're driving...

Cheers

Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:48 am

Hi kieran
2 days in a row would be no bother, organisation is the problem, Beach marking and other things.

Dingbat

2 days ina row

Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:30 am

Hi Dingbat

Sure I know, I know and you will need good strong markers for the beach on Sunday! 4 metres waves predicted with the wind shifting to directly onshore and rising to 20-25 knots. :shock: Whoever wins will earn it!

Good luck with the competition, would love to head up myself but there is the small matter of a birthday party...

Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:55 pm

best of luck tomorrow lads. can't make this one. sorry about that. have a good one :lol: !