5 hour matches??! proposal!

Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:22 pm

how would people feel about changing the match duration to 5hours instead of 4? some clubs have a standard matchlenght of 5hours and i just thought it may suit our club?! the reason being that we fish venues all over the country and it's a shame to spend more time travelling than fishing!
also it can be tough to get a day free for the fishin so when u do it would be nice to indulge!
the only bad thing is that it will give Kieran a chance to make his 'in the last hour' comebacks more effective!!

what do yee think?

5 hour match

Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:03 pm

Aye

or alternatively it will give you a three hour headstart instead of two!!! :wink:

Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:11 pm

I think its a good idea. Imagine all the pollack that could be caught in that extra hour! Seriously do think its a good idea though. While on the subject just wondering what you all would think about maybe holding some comps on a Sunday, be able to sort out bait on the Saturday?

sunday

Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:32 pm

Hi

5 hours it is then seeing as how no one is objecting...

As for Sundays, only problem ould be if people have to travel a long distance home, i.e. after five hours, and another for tackling off and the count etc a long drive would not be what the doctor ordered... certainly an option for the east coast competitions which will be close to most members but for the west coast competitions (another one shortly) then I would reckon we need to look at Saturdays with the option of pints etc on the Friday or Saturday night and travel home on the Sunday...

BTW, how does October 1st or 8th grab people for the next competition date? I would be happy to organise one on the west coast and would recommend Belmullet on the basis that whatever the weather we can find a reasonably safe mark and the fishing should be very good in October.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:50 am

belmullet gets my backin!

Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:11 am

Sorry to get in late on this one lads been catching up in work so have not had much time available. Anyway since it's the 26th already I think we should go for the 8th. As far as venue I happy to go anywhere. If east coast is needed I'll sort that one out.

Regards,

Kevin

sorry!

Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:36 pm

Hi Lads

Sorry can not do the 8th now, looking at the last sturday in October instead? I will post this on the other SAC board too...

Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:02 pm

no prob- whenever u can.