club 'record list'??

Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:45 am

would it be an idea to have a club 'best fish' list?? something like a small record list? fish weight and other details?? what yee think???

Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:07 am

Aye. Not a bad idea. But what about having it in two sections - one for catch and release and the other for keepers - similar to the Shimano Mission badge system?

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:33 am

ah yes catch and release gets my backin. however it is sometimes nice to keep the odd fish for the table- a seperate list might make someone out to be a monsters! a name and shame list!

Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:21 pm

Nothing wrong with keeping a few for the pot. I generally fish with a view to getting a feed and the rest catch and release for sport. It's not the rod and line fraternity that have messed up the fish stocks - quite the opposite. We seem to be the only ones who give a toss about conservation....

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:59 pm

"Looks like just the 2 of us Mark. Let's settle this like gentlemen. You want to take the ""I ate my big fish"" title and I'll take the ""I threw mine back"" title? :lol:"

Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:55 pm

i was thinkin something more like the 'i ate my big fishes head raw after sucking on it's eyes' title?

tumbleweed...

just the two of us eh? anyone else?? what yee think lads??

Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:58 pm

Club records should only apply where fish have been caught on club outings. Scales need to be certified.

Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:37 am

Ok for a regular 'bricks & mortar club', but our lot are scattered far and wide. My idea would be that all you would need to have for a claim would be to have one other club member witness the catch.