Membership open for 2011

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:46 am

I have just received a PM inviting membership for 2011. There was a post put up on this site last year inviting membership, which is linked below:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24459&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I have tried all year to no avail to find out if and when SAI would hold their boat meets? However I could never get an answer to this question?
Do you have to become a member before you can gain access to where the meets happen?

Having spoken to a SAI member back in Sept he told me that there would be a boat MA event this Autumn but he was unsure of the details, I have been watching out on the site for an announcement about such an event or even the results of that event, but there has been nothing? I have PM several senior members and again they have no info?
SAI have had representation now for several years at the Boat MA event, obviously this will continue next year, so there must have been a qualification event at some stage this year?

I just cant understand why it is so difficult to get any information about these events.

Again to stress the point, I would love to join SAI, but I have very little interest in beach fishing, so I dont want to hand over membership money without knowing where or when the Boat meets will take place.

Re: Membership open for 2011

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:31 am

Any idea when e will have comp dates and venues up :?:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:51 am

Hi
I only obtained the complete list of major Opens yesterday. Two members of the committee will schedule the shore competitions - obviously we don't want to clash with major Opens etc.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:44 pm

cheers jd would like to join if travel in suits :!:

Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:02 am

Paddy all site members get that mail, however you would not of seen the Boat schedule as you were not a club member, Petekd I'm sure can give you all the details you require regarding same, who did you request info from as you would of been most welcome on any of the trips this year.

A pm is preferable if you don't mind,

Cheers.