Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:34 pm

Sorry Wes but JGFs logo gets my vote

Cheers
nige

Another version to keep that organisation beginning with P happy...

Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:41 pm

Kieran was on about the hook maybe giving out a bad signal to the anti-cruelty org's so quickly came up with an alternative that could be worked on a bit more...

[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/aontroim/SAI-Logo-v2.gif[/img]

Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:55 pm

Nothing wrong with that either. Suppose antagonising people isnt a good idea but personally IMHO I think the world has gotten far too politically correct. I cant see anyone being offended by that logo but on saying that, its not that long ago I had some mad woman in my shop trying to set fire to a pile of Sunday Peoples as they disagreed with the semi naked pic of Jordan on the front!! So on that point I dont particularly want the same from some activists trying to set fire to my beach buddy cos they object to the logo, remove the hook!!

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:08 pm

I think I agree with Nige, I like the look of it JGF! I think the stitching machines might have trouble in doing the shark with the teeth, eyes and all. I like your hook one better, though.
As for people having problems with the hooks, come on.....what do they think fishing involves, people dangling worms over the water hoping the fish will jump up. In saying that, I do understand the point being made.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:33 pm

The hook is a lot simpler and the colour shading on the shark looks like it might pose serious production problems sadly.

I agree with what's said about people possibly objecting to the hook but I wouldn't have much time for them. (We could always have the barb flattened - that'd be a good arguing point)

My response would be that at least I return what I don't eat; alive as opposed to commercial netter who kills the lot, dumps what he doesn't want, never mind the damage done to the sea floor etc. A hook can catch (and release) one fish at a time, a net kills millions. Go rant at a netter....

Since I'd be wearing the stuff on the beach mostly anyhoo, I doubt it'd be an issue. The shark is neat, but I'm for the hook. A nice catch-and-release friendly circle hook, with the barb flattened.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:12 pm

Here are 2 further versions of same - i figured the shark would probably be a bit too complicated for embroidery machines, though only the colouring i'd imagine.

Second has barb removed...

[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/aontroim/SAI-Logo-v3.jpg[/img][img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/aontroim/SAI-Logo-v4.jpg[/img]

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:19 am

They both look really good.

Pete

Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:45 am

I suppose a half maked image of jordan on the badge is out of the question too? :D :D

My tuppence worth is that the Internet side of our Club (when I'm let join!) is not represented and that is a large part of our identity. Other than that love all the ideas.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:21 am

I had the same thought on the internet thing as quarterflounder but I bet the cost of the badge is dictated by how many letters have to be stitched on, so adding the www bits would add a fair bit to the cost.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:25 am

Not sure about this myself...

[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/aontroim/SAI-Logo-v5.jpg[/img]

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:59 am

Hi John

Probably a bit much for a machine to stitch...
We can always check the price of including it below the badge along with a slogan.

On the subject of a slogan, can we have some "clean" options please? :wink:

Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:36 am

"What about ""Born To Bait""? And to cut down on the stitching, what about having the URL http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org instead of Sea Angling Ireland round the outside?"

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:10 pm

What size of logo are we talking here ?
Anything smaller than the images shown, and a logo wpuld be impossible to read .
Maybe you sholud shrink the island a bit and incorporate the url in the writing wrapping it... as sandman said

b0ogaloo

Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:18 pm

Well done JGF, looks great. I could do with a nice new fishing jacket for the winter with a big Sea Angling Ireland logo on the back, for when im reeling in a monster!

Codswallop

Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:41 pm

Well hey hey hey!

That looks pretty good. Better in fact than when it was just an idea floating about between my ears!

Pretty chuffed with myself now. Wonder how hard is it to get into that graphic designer business?

8)

Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:31 pm

do we have any prices yet. let me know. I'm in looks Great

badge

Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:55 pm

They both look good I cannot see any problem with a machine on them. I have seen more complicated ones come out no bother.
dingbat

Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am

you could just add the 'www.' and '.org' in a slightly smaller size at the beginning and end of the 'sea angling ireland' text.i think the price of the badges go down the more you order with most places and i cant imagine any problem with the embroiders getting that done.we were able to get just over 50 of our club badges done and sell them at £5 each as a small fundraiser for the club.maybe made around £1 each on them.they are about 85cm round.the price was high as they charge by the number of stitches used in this size of badge and the whole badge is stitched,ie no fabric background.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:26 am

both badges look really well but i like the shark one, bit of humour in it i like that!!!!

Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:57 am

The shark & hook logo looks pretty nifty centred on the computer desktop as well....

That'll teach you to copyright it as well :lol: