Badges/Tshirts/Caps etc.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Dont know who to address this query to or if this subject has been raised before so apologies if it has and I have missed it. Could we possibly have some form of merchandise linked to the site produced EG badges, caps or T shirts. This will enable us to recognise other forum/club members when out and about. For example I met Tanglerat last week on the pier in Port na Blagh and it was only when I posted report that we knew who we had been talking to. Im sure other Forum or club members would appreciate the ability to recognise each other when out fishing.

Im sure nobody would object to you putting a (small!) profit onto these items and it could be an additional source of revenue for the club.

Thoughts??

Petekd

Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:13 pm

Sounds like a great idea Pete!

With the possibility of items limited to SAC members only and other items available to all forum members.

Obviously this would pend costing and overall approval from the gaffer, either way, I and I think alot of the other site members would be very interested. After all, it is the home of Irelands first and only internet based SAC.....lets promote it!

Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:57 pm

u'll be glad to hear i'm already workin on a T-shirt(just have to get approval first)!!!! going to see if i could get a deal with a printing place. i'll have to shave again...

Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:22 am

Hi Y'all ,
Sounds like a great idea . Could we have a funny handshake too ?

Seriously , I know a bloke in the UK who owns a T shirt printing business - does one-offs through to large runs . Think he'd do you a deal if I asked him . Don't know detail . Would need to discuss . PM me if I can help in any way .
nick

Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:10 am

Nice Idea Mark. I can get "stiched logos" on polo shirts and caps. Should be able to get a good price. Can you get a grawing similar to the logo Kieran has? I like the idea of the above profile of the shark plus the web page address.

Kev

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:37 pm

Good stuff lads, thanks for the response. Be a great way of promoting the site and raising a few quid perhaps from non club members. I think the idea of having some items available to club members only makes a lot of sense also.

Petekd

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:34 pm

the logo Kieran has if fine- that's what i was thinkin Mac.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:12 pm

Yeah, I'm all for it. Me and petekd chatted in passing, never realising we were fellow forumers!

A cap with a distinctive logo/badge, which would be immediately obviously, would get my vote. A t-shirt could be covered up, a badge lost in amongst all the other badges, but a cap....

Nice bloke, petekd, by the way. Gave me a couple of tasty pollock for next day's dinner! :D

Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:38 am

Great idea guys, i would be very interested in buying some of that gear. That logo i think is fine too. A smock wit the logo on it would be nice too. Keep up the good work. :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:47 pm

This company based in Middletown , Armagh, are very good at hats, badges, polo shirts, fleeces , logos, badge embroidery etc - http://www.glendun.com/index.html

They did my Procast T-shirts and they were top notch. They can do custom logos or have a set of fishing related off-the-shelf logos. They're fairly reasonable.

Hope it's of some use.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:00 pm

Agree with Tanglerat, a cap would be the way to go, instantly obvious and would I'm sure be relatively cheap to produce.

Petekd

Merchandise

Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:10 am

If it helps the market research, I'd buy some stuff too. What about one of those reversible windbreakers - logo on one side, blank on the other - for those 'less productive' trips? :D
Last edited by x on Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Badge Etc.

Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:34 pm

There is a place in Letterkenny who I have dealt with for my club here in Donegal.
cathalsheridan1eircom.net

He has all the gear and good value.
dingbat

Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:45 pm

Where are we on this lads?
I was out over the BH weekend (report to come with pics, i hope) in Greystones, the place was jammed. There had to be some site regulars there, if not every registered member! :lol:
Would have been a perfect chance to borrow some bait, have a chat and tip the cap to each other. :wink:

cheers

Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:27 am

we are going to have a good talk on this one at the next comp Wes. we will find out exactly what people want and where we can get it. so any thoughts anyone? please feel free to say. maybe a poll would be a good idea- a list of possible items and we could then find the demand for each thing?

t-shirts, hats etc.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:01 am

I might suggest that someone considers changing the logo,
purely if you want to get it stitched onto a hat etc the current
logo would be impossible/expensive unless it was printed on,
in which case it would just peel off in no time. A competition
for a redesign of the logo perhaps? Don't mean to step on
any toes now ! :D

I have no connection with the following crowd
but my brother used them and found them decent

http://www.camdenclothing.com/embroidery.htm

Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:53 pm

These guys seem to be good. And my mate's used them, so they must be cheap :lol:

http://www.bcembroidery.com

Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:16 am

if you were to be selling hats etc to forum users im sure there would be a lot of interest, i know i'd be interested in one!

Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:37 am

hats will be on my wishlist! the glare off the sea and sometimes even the sun trying to get through the clouds(!) strains the eyes- don't mean to sound wimpy! isn't watching the bites the best part!

Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:58 pm

Hat for me, please.

:D