SAC Shore competitions 2005

Sat May 07, 2005 8:55 pm

Here we have the locations/dates of SAI SAC competitions.
This post will be amended as more concrete information becomes available. Also we will confirm which of these contests are Open to non members and which can count towards club rankings.

Venue Date
Greystones North Beach April 30
Ballyreen Co Clare June 11th
BallyHealy Co Wexford July 16th

Rossanrubble Co Mayo TBC
Lure and Fly Comp- Boulder Wall Streedagh Co Sligo TBC

North Dublin (perhaps Portmarnock)TBC
Venue tbc Donegal TBC
Venue tbc Northern Ireland TBC
1 pier fishing comp-perhaps
East Pier Howth TBC

Jd
Last edited by jd on Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 08, 2005 5:17 pm

Hi.

You may be or may not aware that clubs must apply to the IFSA to hold Open Competitions....for example you cant just decide you are running an open on the 8th of July without first getting approval from Leinster Council. :wink:

And unfortunately I think the date for accepting opens has long since passed. :( You may need to contact the Leinster secretary to confirm.

Sun May 08, 2005 6:01 pm

Yip we are aware of the rules regarding Opens, however didn't realise the deadline for the year has passed. They will all be closed competitions then ;)

competitions

Wed May 11, 2005 1:16 pm

To get over the Open competition. Most clubs only run One open a year the rest are club competitions to decide the rep for the master angler. In a club competition only the club membere are allowed to fish. Open's all registered members of the I.F.S.A. Some clubs carry out club competitions within other clubs open competitions.

I would suggest Rossnowlagh beach for the Donegal Event. and Benone beach for the Northern Ireland Venue

Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:21 am

Anyone else got any input for the Donegal event? What about somewhere completely untried as far as we know - there are miles of beaches in the NW that we never hear a report from. That'd leave everyone on an even footing as regards local knowledge.

Anyone else with any thoughts on the NI venue?

What about dates?

And another thing - anyone up for getting a charter trip organised later in the summer?