Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:05 pm

cheers Dingbat. i'm still knackered- the climb up was almost the end of me. role on ballyhealy! thanks again JD and all for turning out. we got a cracker of a day!

Ballyreen

Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:54 pm

Well done Mark and congrats on the thornies. It was worth the climb down!

Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:58 pm

nice congers Sean. get the photo's up! nice to meet some new faces too. i am sure we'll see you at another?!

Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:05 pm

Photos are up here in SAC gallery
http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... p?cat_id=3

all sac members can upload to this gallery

Jd

Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:48 am

Hi all,

Great meeting everyone on Saturday.

Had a great day I have to say, despite the fact that I lost about a tonne of lead! I'd love to give this place a crack at night time, I'd say the fishing could be absolutely superb.

Fair play to ya Mark, yet again you destroyed the competition! The best part was hearing the howls of joy when you hooked into that first Ray!

Anyhow thanks for a great day out, and I'm looking forward to the next comp already (it's a beach this time Mick, so you'll be more at home!!!!).

Oh, and thanks to MacTackle too!
Steve.

Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:17 pm

Well done Mark and Steve,
Despite drawing a blank, was still a very enjoyable day out and Im looking forward to the next one. I will post Seans Conger pics up straight away. Was a fantastic day despite, on my account anyway, a distinct lack of fish. Was good to put a few faces to names too. Im fairly sure Marks yelps and roars are still echoing round Ballyreen! Best of luck lads and hopefully see ya at the next one.

Pete.

Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:23 pm

i was surprised by the lack of wrasse. thought the place would have been full of them.

Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:37 pm

m.b3 wrote:i was surprised by the lack of wrasse. thought the place would have been full of them.

Me too- aftert that first one that came quickly, I thought I'd have at least another 2 or 3 by the end of the day..
jd

Well done lads

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:14 pm

Looks like you all had a great day out I will more than likely join your club next season.

What bait was mb3 using for the dabs I never heard of those being caught there before but I saw plaice landed from time to time.

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:19 pm

The best wrass fishing is the place called green island near leahinch where jack shine caught the blues and porbeagle from during the 60's I seen them cruising around during a hot summers evening what a sight and they wer'nt basking sharks as one came right up near the rocks and turned on his side as he passed me by.

Hard backs are the best for the wrasse in Clare.

Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:11 am

lug/rag or both tipped with squid or mackeral. best one took sandeel tipped with mackeral. seemed to be quite a few of 'em around?