Re: Fish Offs Boyyyyyyyy :)

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:33 pm

Best of luck lads :wink:

Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:43 pm

Mixed news on the first session from a very brief phone call with Seanie. Mark was second in his zone but the Petes blanked. Not sure how the fishing was generally.

Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:39 am

After 2nd session (thanks Watty)
e&OE

Brendan Wall -18 pts
John O'Brien -17 pts

Joe Duggan & Mark Beatty & Barry Roche & James Gordon - 16 pts

Martin Howlin & Joe Hennessey (?) - 15 pts

Dave Roe 14 pts

David Doran 13 pts

Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:41 am

go on the wexford boys

Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:33 pm

go on the beatrix!!

Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:42 pm

1st barry roche
2nd james gordan
3rd mark beatty
4th brian cooke
correct me if im wrong

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:18 pm

Good Men Barry and James.

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:29 pm

i heard the fishing was difficult

Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:51 pm

A massive well done to clubmate and the SAI legend that is Mark Beatty (mb.3) on his well deserved slot on the Irish team. Fishing was difficult and the howling winds and rain on occasion did nothing to improve spirits. I crashed and burned myself, failing to catch in the 1st and 3rd sessions. Weekend got off to a bad start when I fried my maddies on the way up (cool box fell over and must have knocked the switch from cool to heat.... :oops: ), got worse with a blank in the first session and went continually downhill from there. Straightening a hook on a decent fish on Benone and a puncture on the beach yesterday really helped too..... Ah the joys... :D No matter, but its back to the drawing board me thinks.

I had to laugh, driving back home last night after dropping the 2 lads off in Dublin and after swearing for most of the trip the rods were going on buy and sell and I was taking up golf etc, the first thing I did on arriving at work was reach for the latest edition of Irish angler and have a good read..... :lol:

Big thanks to Mr Ivory and McGroary for the macks and to Boycie for his paramedic attention, somehow rescuing a couple of hundred maddies out of the 1300 I fried. Congrats also due to Eugene Farrelly for overcoming a crap start and remaining in the pool for next year.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Fair Play Pete for the chin up, good summary there! I'm sure you'll fly it next year!

Congrats again to Mark.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:24 pm

petekd wrote:Big thanks to Boycie for his paramedic attention, somehow rescuing a couple of hundred maddies out of the 1300 I fried.

Not the first time he's done that up there!!!

Hard luck Pete, a super achievement to even get there

Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:36 pm

and when i think of all the sweat and bother you went in collecting those maddies, nearly brings a tear to my eyes boy

Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:03 pm

wee done mb3, hear the fishing was very bad. hard luck to the others, and petekd i hear fired maddies are nice with chilli sauce :lol:

Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:27 pm

Lump, "think of all the sweat and bother".....you should have tried two mornings of digging maddies in Donegal when the the mud had a two inch layer of ice and frost that needed to be penetrated first. My hands still aren't right!

Had a bit of a disaster myself too, blanked first session and that put paid to remaining in the pool, gutted :cry: but c'est la vie. Great result by da nephew Mark, well deserved indeed. Big thanks also to Seanie and Boycie too for all the help with digging and emotional support :) , well appreciated.