Meeting up...

Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:18 pm

Hi
Kieran and I have decide to meet up to sort out a few things necessary for the proper administration of the club. All are welcome-including people who want to join up or help in the organisation of the club etc. We still need a secretary :wink:

We plan to meet in The Yacht, Clontarf 8pm Thursday 27th of January.
It is close to Clontarf Road Dart Station, and serves food.

[img]http://www.theyachtclontarf.com/map.gif[/img]

web site here..
http://www.theyachtclontarf.com/

jd

Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:27 pm

c yee there lads.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:13 pm

Be there around 8 guys

Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:58 pm

would it be ok to pay then??

Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:09 pm

m.b3 wrote:would it be ok to pay then??

Absolutely..

Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:28 pm

Gents,

I should be able to make it too. I'll post a definite tomorrow.

Donal.

Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:49 am

Get a window seat lads, and have a look across the road onto the prom. You'll see about 15 lads running around with hurls in the dark. I'll be the one lagging 20 metres behind everyone else.....

I'll try and drop the subs in to you before or after...keep an eye out for a sweaty chap in shorts will ya? Shouldn't be too hard to spot.

Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:35 pm

I'll try and get a table- I'll be there early!

here is a pic of kieran

and one of me..

Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:09 pm

Hello you handsome devils. I havent been logging on as much as id like to lately due to work etc so am only getting up to speed with all this. I would like to come along to the meeting tomorrow and join up but I have to work til 9! Do you reckon you will be still there by 9.30? If not no worries i can just send the fee

Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:22 pm

well we could always have a pint or two (ehem!) Seaniebo.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:31 pm

Got the planning permission to leave the wife and kids for a couple of hours tonight so I'll definitely be there.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:06 pm

http://homepage.eircom.net/~calligraphy/clontf.gif

better map of where the yacht is..

How did it go.

Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:21 am

How did things go lads, miffed I could make it, a bit under the weather at the moment. No dancing on tables I hope... :D , we have the clubs reputation to uphold...

Later
J

Re: How did it go.

Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:55 am

Jon Moloney wrote:How did things go lads, miffed I could make it, a bit under the weather at the moment. No dancing on tables I hope... :D , we have the clubs reputation to uphold...

Later
J

Good attendence - 10 people turned up- report later when i'm finished work.!! Anyone who was present is welcome to give their thoughts on the meeting..
jd

Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:22 pm

we should have more of 'em! had a good night. lot's of fishy talk, surprisingly enough. sounds promising and i will be very interested to see how it all turns out. less talk about how good the fishing is in the west of ireland might have made a few of us feel a little better though! nice to see everyone and thanks for making the effort to be there.

Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:05 am

Yeah, it was really good to be able to pick the brains of everybody. I reckon it has a lot of promise as you couldnt ask for a nicer more approachable group than those who were mad enough to volunteer for the various positions. Fair play lads, Hope to see you all again soon.

Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:23 am

Yeah lads, great to put faces to the names!
Lets keep our heads down and make some progress now - as Joey the Lips says "Rome wasn't built in a day brother Rabbitte" :D
Hopefully through the medium of the web, we can go places, rather than getting bogged down over finances for clubhouses, facilities, etc, etc.
Looking forward to the next meet or comp.
Gotta see how you guys do it... hearing 150 plus casts has wet the appetite.. ( not to mention the barracuda - Do you reckon I could get one in Balscadden?)
JK

Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:47 am

I'm pretty shattered after work this week-and I have coursework to do for the weekend too so I'll just summarise a few points tonite.

1. Option of setting up "Company limited by guarantee not having a share capital".
we would need
Memorandum
& Articles of Association - these would have to be passed by the members.

2. register company as charity

3. open bank account (motion as per application to BOI)

4. Seek affiliation with IFSA

5. Schedule meets

6. Schedule Closed Competitions for club- venues around Ireland

7. Look into possibility of boat competitions..

Club Constitution & Ratification of Officers

Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:49 pm

Right

I have posted up a draft constitution on the clubs main page (accessible off the index page) so can you all please have a read and get back with any changes that you want made or suggestions. Failing changes, can we look to paid up SAC members to vote in the listed constitution as it stands?

To make progress in the absence of another meeting, we will need to get the constitution and the three club officers ratified. John (JD) as Treasurer, Kevin (MAC) as Secretray and myself as Chairperson. This will allow us set up a bank account. For reasons of convenience, we are recommending that the account will be held a BoI branch in Dublin City.

We need a written record so please simply indicate your preferences here and we will take this as your vote. It saves on calling an AGM and asking people to travel up from all around the country (Waterford, Donegal etc.).

A PRO would help as well if there is a volunteer out there who would be happy to help publicise the club and its forthcoming (!) open competitions.

We should also nominate a club president, usually an honorary position, so if people want to recommend someone, here is where to do it. I just know that I will be afraid to look at the recommendations on this list tomorrow!!!

Any questions?