Irish Masters 2008

Sea Angling Ireland SAC was set up by users of the site in 2005.

Moderator: Don

Irish Masters 2008

Postby jd » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:09 am

Got a text to say that JP is 7th, Pete Davis 12th, Pete McGrory 24th, with Alby and Seanie further down.
jd
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 526 times
Blog: View Blog (5)

Re: Irish Masters 2008

Postby sharky » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:19 pm

Heard Kieran Begadon fishing for Waterford Crystal won the Masters
sharky
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Irish Masters 2008

Postby petekd » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:59 am

Think the final standings for our lads were myself in 13th, JP 39th, Sean 40th, Pete McG 49th and Alby back a bit. Was a struggle in all sessions to get fish to size and anyone who had fish in all sessions was well up there. Was fortunate enough to manage that myself with 4 in the first which was enough for 2nd place in the zone which stood me well at the finish, a last ditch 22cm coalie on the retrieve of my last cast in session 2 and a beauty of a grey Mullet, there or thereabouts speci sized of 58cms in the 3rd. If the order of merit was correct on the sheets posted on the night then it should be enough to get a place in the fish offs but that needs to be confirmed....

A super weekend all the same, disappointing for some with counters hard to come by. Still, the weather, the company and the craic made it a whole lot better place to be than it may have been.... :D Most disappointing aspect of the weekend was failing to find an open takeaway after chucking out time on Sunday night. Highlight (dubious) was discovering we had drank the bar in the Ramada virtually dry by Sunday evening..... :D
Fluff chucking is the new black..... Rampant Wreckfish is a fly angler in denial :D
petekd
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 114 times

Return to Sea Angling Ireland SAC