sorry i am out of this one too

Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:23 am

Im in :D

Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:36 am

ill be there :)

Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:38 pm

im in

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:40 am

I'm a maybe for this one....depends how I get on during next week.....

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:49 am

Change of plans -

am out :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

damn... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:38 pm

Looks like I am out- will have family staying with me.

down and out

Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:38 pm

Apologies also, foot injury flared up over the weekend, back on the damn crutches... mind you not as bad the the outlaws coming to stay! :wink:

Re: down and out

Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:45 pm

kieran wrote:Apologies also, foot injury flared up over the weekend, back on the damn crutches... mind you not as bad the the outlaws coming to stay! :wink:

sorry think you made a mistake, outlaws are wanted :lol:

Re: down and out

Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:59 pm

MC wrote:sorry think you made a mistake, outlaws are wanted :lol:

yes.. and when you get married then they become inlaws :wink:

Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:40 pm

lol, yes, had the inlaws down for the weekend.
Someone cruelly suggested the foot injury is purely psychosomatic!

Building a trace currently with cascade swivels, jaysus, fiddly isn't it! Badly out of practice...

:wink:

Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:02 pm

kieran wrote:lol, yes, had the inlaws down for the weekend.
Someone cruelly suggested the foot injury is purely psychosomatic! might help you from putting it in the mouth, have done that a few times with the inlaws, thank God they like me :lol:
Building a trace currently with cascade swivels, jaysus, fiddly isn't it! Badly out of practice...

:wink:

Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:32 pm

petekd wrote:Nice beach that, well I like it anyhow. Only fished it once, was predominantly flats that day with a small bass taken on the stream. Stream threw up a fair few fish on what was a quiet day when we were there so might be an idea not to peg on there as its an unfair advantage.

Ah, you wouldn't be saying that if you got that peg Pete! :wink:

There are 2 streams really, one to the left of the beach (peg 1) and one a bit down the beach (around peg 6 - 8). Occasionally the stream pegs do produce better, but I've seen quite a few comps where they didn't.
Might be an idea not to peg in front of the big hill - not sure what the tides are like but for 2 hours before and after HT you can't fish from the beach in front of it, and it would be pretty bloody awkward to fish from the hill itself! :lol:

Fresh lug tipped with mack has always been the best bait here for me, sometimes small squid strips work too. Tried maddies but didn't get anything, but I know petekd had fish on them before. Only ever seen 2 ray taken here in a comp so not really worth trying for them, especially this early in the year...
Last edited by Bradan on Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

ma

Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:18 am

were and what time are we meeting up

fintan

Re: ma

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:43 am

croppyboy wrote:were and what time are we meeting up

fintan
i'd say leenaun would be the nearest area to the venue, 11am - 12.

if anyone needs directions from Galway, I may be looking for a lift :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:08 am

i'm in

think the brother is too

derek

Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:11 pm

Lads, to avoid any confusion and also to help anyone who may not be familiar with the route or whatever, we will meet at the Statoil Garage in Moycullen between 10am and 11am. This is a good 40 mins or so from the mark but is pretty much the last post for stocking up with foodstuffs and the like before entering the wilds of Connemara. Its the big garage towards the end of Moycullen on the LEFT hand side.

Statoil, Moycullen, 10am-11am.

Any problems finding the spot or latecomers, my number is in the private board, gimme a call.......
Last edited by petekd on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:15 pm

grand :D

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:53 pm

petekd wrote:Lads, to avoid any confusion and also to help anyone who may not be familiar with the route or whatever, we will meet at the Statoil Garage in Moycullen between 10am and 11am. This is a good 40 mins or so from the mark but is pretty much the last post for stocking up with foodstuffs and the like before entering the wilds of Connemara. Its the big garage towards the end of Moycullen on the LEFT hand side.

Statoil, Moycullen, 10am-11am.

Any problems finding the spot or latecomers, my number is in the private board, gimme a call.......

IMHO I'd allow an hour + for that journey. Its 80+ kilometers and the roads are not great.

Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:27 pm

Me and Ferg are in.

Steve I might be able to give you a lift up, depending on wether I am staying in Oranmore on Friday or not. Keep you posted.