Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:44 pm

they might give him 2 cards next time so he can have a back up just in case :lol:
he can also have twice as much fun getting them marked up :wink:

Shore Comp 3 Dunree, Mar 1st sponsored by Henry's Tackle!

Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:25 pm

called in to the comp on way home from leenan and meet a few of the guy's, was nice to meet some of them in person pete,jp. and copperboy, was nice to have a chat with you's, by the way copperboy! hard luck on your bet, think it was one team that let you down :twisted: anyway it was good to meet and have a chat, hope to do so again..best of luck...and tight line's guy's :).........PS. how did you's get on after the comp :?: bet there is some rageing hangover's this morring :lol: :lol:

comp

Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:37 pm

arsenal let me down

croppy

Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:33 pm

whats new croppy isnt that why you go fishing :?

jaysus!

Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:09 pm

Ye Gods! That is the worst weather I have ever fished in... and to be honest if I had a fish earlier, I think I might have packed up a lot sooner.

Avoided the dreaded blank with a small flounder 25 cms in the last hour after Peter had given me some tips on bait size. Apparently I had been feeding the buggers rather than enticing them to bite on a hook. Size 2 hooks were too big - and I thought they looked ridiculous making the traces, normally I would be using 2/0s as my standard size out west.

Must confess this competition fishing is a completely different sport to my usual recreational fishing. Very impressed with the expertise people showed in winkling out small fish in day and darkness, definitely not my cup of tea, even if it was a nice day (which is certainly wasn't) but there you go. Great to put a few faces to the names... not sure about Lettergesh, don't think I have a streak of masochism that wide in me!

If the weather forecast is better and there's a chance of ray or huss... anyhow, well done to all for braving such awful weather and thin fishing...

Reckon the rucksack will be dry by the weekend!

:wink:

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:02 am

dbrock wrote:we should start the give alby points campaign maybe he should,,, be giving at least, last place,,, and what ever points go with it

Alby dosen't need them... he'll have his day again.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:06 am

m.b3 wrote:
dbrock wrote:we should start the give alby points campaign maybe he should,,, be giving at least, last place,,, and what ever points go with it

Alby dosen't need them... he'll have his day again.

he's won enough bloody comps, time to let some newbies like dennis here to have their odd day here and there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:27 am

thanks eric so kind of you :lol:

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:17 am

alri dennis any time you casting tips or secret marks just give us a buzz :D

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:24 pm

Thanks lads, a fairly galling experience alright. At the time I had 8 counters on the card, 3 coalies over 20cm in my hand when I realised the card had blown away, then I reeIed in another 3 over 20cm on the rig that was in the water, all this with 40 mins still to go!!!!!

In saying that take nothing away from the winner, he fished hard and very nearly succumbed to 4 heart attacks as I proceeded to roar hurry up at him over the last half hour when I was out of the game (not to mention the weezing out of him coming back over the dunes, he sounded like one of those squeaky pet toys). We had a great night out after in Buncrana, brilliant place, can't wait to get back up there!!!

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:05 pm

alby wrote:, he sounded like one of those squeaky pet toys

:lol: :lol:

i almost forgot- well done Denis!!! :D