Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:23 am

i'm in

Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:47 am

True on the 6Ns lads but we're "only" playing Italy and speaking as someone who spent a month wombling around after that shower in France for the RWC, if they get beat its no bad thing.
Not as bad as a couple of years back when the compe clashed with Ire v England!!

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:29 pm

Sorry lads hoping to make Cork.Only my second comp whats scratching. :roll:

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:34 pm

using small hooks to catch whatever you can

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:36 pm

Cheers

Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:12 pm

Could those who intend to fish this but have not yet renewed please do so by January 31st so I can get your names on the IFSA register.
http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/joinsac.html
jd

Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:19 pm

on my second lb of dairy gold :?

Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:05 pm

Hello,
Hope there's room for one more, anyway, I'm in.

This'll be my first competition since Sunderland were bottom of Div. 1 with Keano staring on from the stands... Castlegregory Sept 2006 :oops:

Blackie

Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:02 pm

Im in as long as i can get down.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:19 pm

Put this up for driving directionsn Not sure if the map can be read.

At the Midleton roundabout take the road to Whitegate

Drive for 3.9 miles and take the slip road to the left.

After 0.6 miles stay left

The road narrows from here

Drive for 1.9 mile ignore all right turns until you get to the tee junction

Turn right and drive for 0.7 miles to a crossroads. Yeild to all traffic

Drive through the crossroads for 0.6 miles this section has a sharp left and right turn just before you turn down left to the venue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:26 pm

ill be there

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:29 pm

For the sat-nav users 51.48.274....08.08.188
If you do not want to be dragged down the back roads and farmyards of Co. Cork get to the Midleton roundabout first them punch them in.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:04 pm

im in to fishahollic giz a buzz and we sort sumthing seems im down in the sticks now

Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:32 pm

Working the night before it until 8am so if I can stay awake I'll be there too. :shock: :D

Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:38 pm

I plan to travel to and from Wexford town that day, if
anyone between there and Cork needs a lift..
jd

Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:37 am

UK MO charts for Friday/Saturday. Looks like North westerlies.
Cold though, look where that air is coming from. Chance of Snow showers too!
jd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:57 pm

Irish met
Temperatures will fall sharply again Thursday evening as the winds veer west to northwest. The rain will clear to showers, but the showers will turn wintry and may well give a covering of snow in many areas. The winds will have eased a little by Friday, but will be coming from a bitterly cold northwest direction. There will be some bright or sunny periods and occasional hail, sleet and snow showers, some of the showers heavy and possibly thundery in places, especially in the west and north of the country.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:19 pm

better hope your pegged near the rocks and bring a spinning rod, cos its goen to be as flat as glass

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:46 pm

Flat conditions actually suit this venue better for the flats to be honest, any time I targetted them in a decent surf I got bugger all, calm conditions and there were loads. It will be interesting to see how it fishes.

On another note, there is an open being held at this venue the following day on the Sunday. Not that I'm saying it will be an issue for any of our members but can you please take an extra couple of minutes at the end to clean up around your peg and remove as much rubbish, (whether its yours or not) as you possibly can. It would be a sad reflection on our club if we were to give anyone negative grounds for talking about us. I know the last comp was fished at night and it can be difficult to ensure you have everything with you on leaving but there were numerous bait cartons and the like, including a bag of frozen crab that we picked up on leaving the beach at Ennereilly. 2 minutes from each member at the end of the day will be all thats needed, Ill bring along some refuse sacks on the day and look after disposing of the rubbish.

COMP

Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:50 pm

hi lads
is there any chance of meeting up at the petrol station out side of midleton were we met up last year . im ok as i sort of remember were the beach is but there will be lads whove never fished this venue and will find it hard to find

fintan