MASTER ANGLER BOAT KILLYBEGS

Sea Angling Ireland SAC was set up by users of the site in 2005.

Moderator: Don

Postby Dave Jolly » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:17 am

The weather on Saturday was appalling, and everyone who went out deserved a medal.
The fishing was very competitive over the 2 days with a total catch of 2313 fish of 18 species caught that made the size limits. and I would guess probably 3000 fish caught that didn't make the size limits (which is a discussion for another day), so everyone was busy.
The top 10 scores for those interested were :

1st, Liam o' Callaghan, Bray...................400%
2nd Heiko Dreier, Post Irish....................383%
3rd Liam Longmore, Larne.....................375%
4th Dave Jolly, Carrigaline......................372%
5th Kit Dunne, Wicklow.........................368%
6th Mick Barry Post Irish.......................367%
7th Gordon Darker, Stella Maris.............363%
8th Pio Enright, Post irish......................358%
9th Terry Boyle, Greystones..................343%
10th Shane Gilvarry, Killala.....................340%

This was the 1st year to fish the 4 session format, with all 4 counting, and it's interesting to note that you needed an avarage of 85% in each session to get into the top 10.
With the fishing as scratchy as it was, even one fish a session could cost you 15-20%, so it was close and exciting fishing.
Pete Fished Consistently over the 4 sessions, Scoring 76%, 77%, 60% and 70%, and though I never got the chance to talk to him, I think he enjoyed his first masters and finished a very respectable 29th out of nearly 90 anglers, and I would guess only one fish a session away from the top ten.
World Champion Gold Medals are the new Black!!!
Dave Jolly
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 21 times

Postby PTP » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:45 am

Congratulations to Dave Jolly and Mick Barry,both of whom are regular contributors to this site on their performances.Having Fished against Mick Barry on Saturday I must say how unlucky the lad was not to qualify as his performance and techniques displayed were absolutely brilliant and without fault yet failed to get the just rewards for his efforts.
Well done Pete on your debut and I have no doubt the experience gained will stand to you in future events.

PTP
PTP
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby petekd » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:02 am

Cheers all for the comments and support. It was, an education to be honest but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Report for the 2 days will be up shortly. Well done to Dave Jolly on making the team and serious hardlines to Mickeyfish on just missing out by the narrowest of margins. I had the pleasure (misfortune....) to be drawn alongside the winner on both days and, well to be honest, he was in a different class. He well deserved his win. Many thanks to all for the hints and tips prior to the comp especially to Donal D, Dave Jolly, Pio Enright and Dan Lynch. Cheers to the McGroary fella for going above and beyond the call of duty to make sure I got to my boat in time on the Sunday too.... :wink:

Report will be up shortly....
Fluff chucking is the new black..... Rampant Wreckfish is a fly angler in denial :D
petekd
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 114 times

Postby mickeyfish » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:40 pm

thanks PTP for your comments, that means a lot.

maybe next year

IM CHANGING MY NAME TO

mickeysix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4_9JmNRMI8
SPURFISHING IN THE ORKNEYS

DEFENCE FORCES S.A.C
CLUB SECRETARY EASTERN COMMAND S.A.C
EFSA IRELAND
WORLD BOAT TEAM IRELAND 2012 & 2013
mickeyfish
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 36 times

Postby thescotsman » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:49 am

Nice one Dave and Mickey. Great achievement. 8)
Good luck to Dave - and Mickey fingers crossed someone up above you get food poisoning or religion or something and drops out :lol:
2019 Species (8): Whiting, Coalfish, Dogfish, Bass, Coalfish, Dab, Lesser Spined Sea Scorpion, 5 Bearded Rockling
thescotsman
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 10 times

Previous

Return to Sea Angling Ireland SAC