Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:07 pm

r u putting a leader on aswell? or just 30lb straight thro..id be inclined to put one on butid listen to someone who has more experience in the tope department

Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:10 pm

If I get favourable weather conditions and the ability to find a boat buddy, I'll pop Duke in tomorrow night and try and bag up on some mackerel. Failing that, anyone fancy an early, early trip to Dunlickey for some extreme mack bashing :lol: Mackerel were fairly patchy last weekend and it may involve a trip out to Loop Head otherwise.

Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:25 pm

dave,

i'm a novice so take my advice with a pinch of salt. I'll be using wire to the hook and then some heavy mono. Just don't want to wake up screaming in the middle of the night about the big one that got away again.

Pete,

I'm hoping to try for mackerel friday night, and if we're still short will meet you early at dunlickey

Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:28 pm

Ill know by 9ish if I'm getting them or not so I'll let you know if we've struck gold... :wink:

Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:28 pm

im giving it a bash 2moro night myself...should get a few anyway...

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:15 pm

Kev is out for this so we have a spare spot.

Bait

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:57 pm

Plenty of mackerel at Kilcredaun head today
5 mins from carrigaholt

Good luck guys

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:28 am

jd wrote:Kev is out for this so we have a spare spot.

He must have got the 1000 yard stare off herself :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:48 pm

ill be fishing carrigaholt beach 2night if any1 is interested...hope to get a few ray... im just hoping the tides will be right

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:55 pm

Mr_Green wrote:ill be fishing carrigaholt beach 2night if any1 is interested...hope to get a few ray... im just hoping the tides will be right

I'll be up later- I didn't bring shore gear as I need to sort it out..

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:35 pm

if you want ill bring you up a rod and reel...its no hassle...let me know soon as im headin in 30-40 mins

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:02 pm

John, bring a laptop if you can as I cant get that thing to save to disc either, I can transfer via camera though.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:20 pm

petekd wrote:John, bring a laptop if you can as I cant get that thing to save to disc either, I can transfer via camera though.

Lest the laptop at home, which is in the other direction..

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:30 pm

Not to worry, got a cheap (free) little MP3 player I can stick it on that and give you, get it off you again at some stage.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:47 pm

He must have got the 1000 yard stare off herself :D :D :D

:D Close JW...... Close
The missus is back to work after maternity leave and booked a last minute trip to Kerry for a week starting tomorrow. I tried the aul I'll meet you there Saturday night trick.... Then I got the 1000 Yard Stare :lol: :lol:

Back on topic.... I ment to call you last night but it was very late before I finished on the Laptop..... Sorry to let you guys down at such late notice. If you don't get someone I'll pay my share. I cant have you guys making up my share.

Kev

Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:38 am

Enjoyed this! Some of my photos here
http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/sais ... index.html

Proper report in the next few days (petekd :) )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:58 pm

well done mr.green thats another one off the list

Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:18 pm

nice one dave.. and well done to the rest for outfishing petekd :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:10 am

stevecrow74 wrote:nice one dave.. and well done to the rest for outfishing petekd :lol: :lol:
ahem, i outfished every1 :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :wink:

Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:04 pm

Report up...

You're all a lazy shower of so and sos.... :lol:

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... hp?t=12297