club patches/fleese

Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:33 pm

just wondering anymore info on if we are getting these

fintan

Mon May 14, 2007 9:44 pm

Gasglow angling are selling smocks at a very good price. can the club buy maybe 20 and we can get patchs to put on them.I know the lads who fish the compos will buy them and if we have any left (WHICH I DOUBT) the lads on the forum will buy. If you would like me to do some running around to find a place that do patchs I will.

Colin

smock and patch

Tue May 15, 2007 3:16 am

Hi

We tried to do this before with http://www.spreadshirt.com (spelling?) and it was not terribly successful. After Kilary I would recommend we sow them onto something that is guarnateed to be waterproof! :wink:

Good idea, I will have a chat with JD on his return and MAC et al...
If anyone is interested in a smock with patch, can they "vote" here?

Tue May 15, 2007 3:53 am

I would buy one.

Tue May 15, 2007 6:57 am

I would buy one too. :D

john.

Tue May 15, 2007 8:14 am

Me too.

Tue May 15, 2007 9:53 am

stick me down too, its not that expensive. i had stuff done for a club before, i think it was about EUR 80 (once off payment) for them to set up the template of our design and after that its only about 1 euro per embriodery, thats it stiched to the clothing itself not just a patch or anything, really is top quality stuff

Tue May 15, 2007 10:03 am

i would buy one, and if possible could you do just a patch which can be sown onto an exsisting top

patches

Tue May 15, 2007 10:19 am

Id defo buy one

Tue May 15, 2007 10:24 am

MC wrote: if possible could you do just a patch which can be sown onto an exsisting top

are you talking about something like the ones that sea angler give out for their mission accomplished prizes

Tue May 15, 2007 10:33 am

paulocallaghan wrote:
MC wrote: if possible could you do just a patch which can be sown onto an exsisting top

are you talking about something like the ones that sea angler give out for their mission accomplished prizes

thats the idea, thanks for making it clearer mate

Tue May 15, 2007 10:41 am

Great Idea, I'd buy a patch or smock etc...

Re: smock and patch

Tue May 15, 2007 12:16 pm

[quote="kieran"]Hi

We tried to do this before with http://www.spreadshirt.com (spelling?) and it was not terribly successful. After Kilary I would recommend we sow them onto something that is guarnateed to be waterproof! :wink:

Word of caution!! if you SEW any patch or badge onto ANY waterproof fabric then water will penetrate through the needle holes. I doubt that any embroidery company will open the garment up and seal the holes with tape from the back, that's how it would be done in a factory.

Tom.

Tue May 15, 2007 12:48 pm

I was thinking the Same Tom.... I don't think guys would want to ruin their nice waterproof gear by sewing a patch on.......

I will give you a call later and maybe we might be able to come up with an alternative....

Kev

Tue May 15, 2007 12:54 pm

Cotton smocks would be the way to go I think, or else just patches that can go onto hats etc.

Tue May 15, 2007 12:55 pm

possible alternatives could include:
stickers for tackle boxes
patches for caps
fleece jackets with embroidery

maybe someone else can think of a few more

Tue May 15, 2007 12:58 pm

M.b3 was looking at this...
jd

Tue May 15, 2007 12:58 pm

paulocallaghan wrote:stickers for tackle boxes
patches for caps
fleece jackets with embroidery

I don't have a tackle box, so I'd prefer something else :)

I like the fleece idea.

Tue May 15, 2007 1:05 pm

Fleeces or the cotton Titan smocks would be the business. Problem of diversifying across the range with stickers and the like are that you may have to meet minimum print runs and end up stuck with stuff. There were similar noises made about this 18 months or so ago, however, very little of the merchandise, and there was a fair range, actually sold in the quantities expected.

Pre order and pre pay only on fleeces and smocks the way to go IMO.

Tue May 15, 2007 1:08 pm

Here's my suggestion (artwork courtesy of Stevecrow74)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.