Tue May 15, 2007 1:11 pm

was asked to do a t-shirt in the style of Che Guevara shirts...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 15, 2007 2:01 pm

That shirts deadly :D

Tue May 15, 2007 3:07 pm

Jaysus.....nice Shirt....except for JD's mug :lol:

Kev

Re: smock and patch

Tue May 15, 2007 4:54 pm

Rockhopper wrote:
Word of caution!! if you SEW any patch or badge onto ANY waterproof fabric then water will penetrate through the needle holes. I doubt that any embroidery company will open the garment up and seal the holes with tape from the back, that's how it would be done in a factory.

Tom.

Okay, Iw as thinking of the aquaseal I use on my waders, wouldn't that work? Used it on a small rip on an arm of a waterproof, worked fine?

Tue May 15, 2007 5:08 pm

[/quote]

Okay, Iw as thinking of the aquaseal I use on my waders, wouldn't that work? Used it on a small rip on an arm of a waterproof, worked fine?[/quote]

Thanks for the reminder kieran must fix leak in my own chesties

Tue May 15, 2007 5:21 pm

donal, as i pointed out during one of my brief periods of alertness those waders are beyond repair

Tue May 15, 2007 6:30 pm

well here is my suggestion for the front
[img]http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4223/rayguevaraap2.jpg[/img]

and back of the T-shirt

[img]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5214/jdfisherbackeu3.jpg[/img]

Tue May 15, 2007 10:06 pm

Have a look at this:
http://www.excelpromotions.ie/
The site does not do the shop justice, great selection, good prices, waterproof suits, cotton t shirts full range of all clothing, smocks, hats etc. Embroidery and stencilling of club or individausl names, crests etc. Worth a visit. We are in the process of buying gear from them.

patches

Wed May 16, 2007 9:40 am

great t shirt id buy one of those

fintan

Wed May 16, 2007 9:44 am

nice design steve...

Wed May 16, 2007 5:08 pm

kieran wrote:
Rockhopper wrote:
Word of caution!! if you SEW any patch or badge onto ANY waterproof fabric then water will penetrate through the needle holes. I doubt that any embroidery company will open the garment up and seal the holes with tape from the back, that's how it would be done in a factory.

Tom.

Okay, Iw as thinking of the aquaseal I use on my waders, wouldn't that work? Used it on a small rip on an arm of a waterproof, worked fine?

i was (if made) sow one onto the pocket or sleeve of my titan smock, which isn't waterproof, but would also go for a fleece, tshirt and cap, I know stevecrow7474 i am greedy

patches fleeces

Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:12 pm

any more on this

fintan

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:28 pm

Hi Guys has this topic gone off the boil ?

I wouldn't mind getting a Smock / Fleece

Danny

Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:21 am

I see cotton smocks are available from GAC for 9.99 stg. Maybe we can look at something like that if we can decide on the design and where we can get it done. Might be an idea to hold this off until early next year and only take confirmed orders of sizes etc from club members before doing a run. We have been down this road before with SpreadShirt yet despite much interest at the time, it was hardly an unmitigated success, the confirmed order route may be the way to go.

Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:42 pm

If I can make a suggestion....IMHO Sweatshirts, T-shirts and Caps are the way to go instead of smocks....it is easier to get the above in good quality, also guys can wear them almost anytime (outside of fishing) this will add to the value for money spent....it will be less costly in the long run if they are embroidered (due to smaller order quantities) lastly....there are lots of companies out there who provide promo gear.

This is my old trade....if whoever is going to be in charge wants me to help out, let me know.

Tom.

Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:45 pm

Rockhopper wrote:IMHO Sweatshirts, T-shirts and Caps are the way to go

Fleeces?

Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:48 pm

should be ok too....same type of thing to the promo companies.

I am sitting here now wearing a sweatshirt I got from M&S last week, it cost € 14.00 as good quality as you will pay 4 or even 5 times that for in some of the brand aware shops.

This stuff is eaasy enough to find if you know where to look.

Tom.