Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:33 am

4 ray caught in killary..just to boost some of your confidence lads... id say u will have perfect timing with the comp!!

Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:53 pm

Can we get an update on this lads as to who's going? Looks like we could have a good day after the meet went so well last weekend. Looking forward to it now!

Cheers.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:08 pm

Out! :(

Would have loved to fish this venue again when it properly starts to pick up! Good luck lads.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:50 pm

From the other thread ([url]http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bulletin%20board/viewtopic.php?t=10463[/url]), we have kstaff, colin and mickthepainter (and coaster???) all in. Looks like 12-14 people at the moment. Anyone else still to declare?

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:52 pm

i may be 50/50 for this..gave to wait closer to the time

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:54 pm

Im more than likely out but very small chance if I get on top of the studying that i might be able to put in an appearance. Doubtful though

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:10 pm

You wont peg 14 people at Little Killary lads.....

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:14 pm

No anything over 10 or so it'll have to be the beach

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:29 pm

Seaniebo wrote:No anything over 10 or so it'll have to be the beach

If it is the beach should you fish the comp into darkness, ie fish from say 5-10 or so?
jd

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:32 pm

Id say you'd get away with daylight there at that time of the year john, if its calm there will be ray and if its rough there will be flats.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:32 pm

I'm going to make a suggestion here lads. As mentioned above, you will not be able to peg any more than 10 on Little Killary. Even ten would be very tight and you are taking it for granted that there will be no-one else fishing.

Rather than fishing Glassilaun (I think thats what its called) Beach, I think you would be better to move the comp down the road a couple of miles to Lettergesh. Glassilaun is not going to fish for you during the day.....full stop. It didnt fish at night either for that matter. Hold the comp at Lettergesh where there should at least be flats as was the case in the Connacht Gold Medal recently. Those who wish can then move to the rocks that evening. (bring the comp time forward to help that if needs be) Failing that they could hit the mark the following day.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:13 pm

Hey Lads
I wouldn't rule out Glasilaun too quick . I had 12 ray off that beach this time last year in just a few hours.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:48 pm

Rampent Wreckfish wrote:Hey Lads
I wouldn't rule out Glasilaun too quick . I had 12 ray off that beach this time last year in just a few hours.

true

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:13 pm

I suggest we stick with the original plan. If 10 or less people show up, we'll fish Killary. If more than 10 show, we'll fish Glassilaun. Having consulted with a self-proclaimed expert on the location, it sounds like we should leave the time as is.

Any thoughts?

little killary

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:42 am

Can we get a final count on whos going as i need to order some bait and i dont want to get certain baits if were fishing the rocks

fintan

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:19 pm

I make it 14 at the moment, but I'd prefer that we postpone a final decision until the day. I think if we end up with only 10, most people would prefer to fish Little Killary.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:27 pm

I think you should decide prior to the comp to be honest. Its unfair to get lads to travel and bring loads of unnecessary stuff or not have it as they had prepared for something else. Fishing the beach will require a totally different approach depending on conditions. If theres a surf running, it will be all flattie bashing. Little Killary is pure fish baits TBH, some packs of sandeel and mack and you are sorted. Fishing the beach you may want your array of worms etc. Not to mention totally different rigs etc too.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:41 pm

Has to be the beach so, since we already have 12-14.

beach

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:16 pm

Hi

Okay, anyone every pegged that beach before becasue it does swerve around in a wide C from the point of Little Killary around to an island of sorts... hope to be there myself, peg leg and all! :D

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:19 pm

It does indeed and theres a large rock formation thingy about halfway up the beach from the low tide line that will have to be pegged around.