Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:33 pm

alby wrote:I'm in, will wait to book somewhere till we find a base!!!

Forget booking accommodation. It looks like a few of us will be fishing after the comp and catching a few hours sleep in cars/tents/buddies.

It's too far to go for only 5 hours fishing :D

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:56 pm

Marco wrote:MC he is just trying to lure you into his tent :shock: :shock: :shock:

i don't think he'd fit inside :twisted: :twisted:
it would be like that episode of Simpson's where Homer has to wear a mumu :lol: :lol:

but apart from that pitching a tent on the beach is a must do.. :)
[img]http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/782/0607012225267ag.jpg[/img]

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:59 pm

stevecrow74 wrote:but apart from that pitching a tent on the beach is a must do.. :)

BBQ ... Steve you're a genius. You can keep your chips. It's steak sandwiches on the beach for me.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:23 pm

stevecrow74 wrote:
Marco wrote:MC he is just trying to lure you into his tent :shock: :shock: :shock:

i don't think he'd fit inside :twisted: :twisted:
it would be like that episode of Simpson's where Homer has to wear a mumu :lol: :lol:

quote]
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

at least i dont have to wear a hair net at night
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ok after the chocolate eggs are done I am on a diet :cry:

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:56 pm

im also up for fishing on after the comp hope the weather is good last time i camped there it rained most of the night :D

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:27 pm

Lads, before anyone goes booking anywhere, Im out for this one too (have exams the following week, thought they were a week later :evil: ). Looking like it may have to be re-scheduled as it may not be viable to run it without comittee members. Sorry for the short notice.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:38 pm

Westport is another option for people to consider as a venue for after fishing festivities if the accomodation is any cheaper, for those of us wishing to have a little drink or two before bedtime.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:43 pm

Might be the best idea,

There is a nice little basic camp site about 2km away. The site backs onto a beautiful beach as well. Might be be the way to go Teacher...... If there is any more than 10 people, we will not be able to fish the rock mark. That will have to wait till after the comp.

Kev

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:24 am

When can we get a decision on whether this one will go ahead as planned?

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:13 am

I take it we will be okay for committee members with Kieran and Kevin both attending?? :?

cant make it on following w/end as have sisters wedding

john.

comp

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:26 am

Hi Lads
Can we get a final call on this before friday as i have to get time off work and i need to give at least 2 wks notice

fintan

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:27 pm

if interested (i know, short notice for some) but a few of us are fishing this area this Saturday coming (saturday 7th)..
http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... &start=101
if anyone else is interested put up a post in the above link..

its good chance to do a reccy before the comp :D

comp

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:43 pm

love to have gone but fishing 3rd leg of leinster leauge this saturday

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:03 pm

After some discussion this is going ahead on the scheduled date.

Kstaff will be responsible for pegging the competition.

Teacher will look after entries and scoresheets.

jd

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:05 pm

After some discussion this is going ahead on the scheduled date.

Kstaff will be responsible for pegging the competition.

Teacher will look after entries and scoresheets.

jd

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:47 pm

Has anyone any reports on how it has been fishing? That's a farily important consideration given the long drive and staying over expense!

It's nice scenery but we are there to catch fish and plenty of them! I think we fished in March last year and it was fairly poor. The good weather might bring things on though!

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:49 pm

kstaff wrote:Has anyone any reports on how it has been fishing? That's a farily important consideration given the long drive and staying over expense!

It's nice scenery but we are there to catch fish and plenty of them! I think we fished in March last year and it was fairly poor. The good weather might bring things on though!

UI think it was deliberately pushed out to April for this reason. I know there is a meet this weekend so Stevecrow et all should be able to give us an update!

Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:41 pm

Just booked Alcock & Brown Hotel. Now its dear paid 150 euro for double room me and Mick sharing 75 each. it gets you dinner Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning. So if you book in pairs you will get the same deal.

Colin

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:17 pm

Good stuff Colin. Is that Clifden or Westport?

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:24 pm

Its Clifden