Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:09 pm

petekd wrote:Fishing the beach you may want your array of worms etc. Not to mention totally different rigs etc too.

?? :? yes and no...

worms are handy from the rocks at times. agree sandeel is the man. similar rigs for both although scaled down for flats probably best. used standard rigs from beach and rocks and found little difference in results- me and other anglers.

Re: beach

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:22 pm

kieran wrote:Hi

Okay, anyone every pegged that beach before becasue it does swerve around in a wide C from the point of Little Killary around to an island of sorts...

depending how far apart the pegs are it should be possible...
have had club outings there on the beach and catered for 17 people with plenty of room..

there is approximately 220yards between the right hand side and the rocky outcrop at the low water mark and approx 230 yards at high water..

there is the option of marking the beach from the rocky outcrop and to the far left.. 540 yrds approx at high water markand 480 yrds at low water..

so as you can imagine you'ld have to spread out as the tide comes in..

dont know how the left side of the beach fishes either, seems to be slightly shallower and have also seen a few boats anchored fairly close in the past couple of years that side too.. (didnt see any over the weekend though)..

[img:1028:590]http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/558/glassilaunim1.jpg[/img]

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:33 pm

nice pick Steve. reckon u should try and get everyone pegged away from the shallows on the left? more even playing field and all that...?

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:13 pm

i have just found another option for accommodation for the night...

http://www.sleepzone.ie/sleepzonecon.html

the hostel is about 5 minutes drive from little killary..

http://www.sleepzone.ie/direction.html#mapconnemara

prices range from 13euro-30euro depending on how many the room sleeps..

leenaune is 5k down the road (nearest pubs)

little killary

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Just booked the alcock and brown hotel in clifden for 55 euro pps

Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:56 pm

MC wrote:i am 50/50 at the minute

conformation, I am out lads, cant make this one something has come up and I need to be at home after the 20th just in case, roll on the next one

Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:11 pm

Think myself and boycie are in for this comp

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:25 am

just found this place.. even closer to little kilary...

http://www.killary.com/K2.htm

Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:17 am

The day of the Little Killary meet last week I used the push/trawl net and there definetly were more fish in the corner nearest the Little Killary itself. Only got single sole around at the left end whilst flounder, brill and weaver towards the right end. Not sure I'll be at this one either.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:41 am

Lads are people camping over for this comp or staying in hotels or whats happeing???

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:44 am

I was hoping to camp and maybe fish on after the compo, but the weather isn't looking good.

Who else is up for fishing after the comp?

Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:17 am

Mite get a tent so

Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:47 am

Going with the tent bit also, if all fails I'll stay in the Citroen Estate b&b.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:49 am

Keep all forms of light away from tents as its sandhopper city down there....

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:02 am

petekd wrote:Keep all forms of light away from tents as its sandhopper city down there....

then I'm booking into the citroen estete, hope I can get a room with a view. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:39 am

looking less and less like i can make this one but wont know for sure till the end of the week :(

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:12 am

Lads I was looking up hotels in work when i was hit with a deadline. i cant make it on sat i have to work. im very sick

little killary

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:05 pm

Hi ALL
Were are we going to meet up then on saturday and at what time

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:00 pm

Me and mick are in alcock and brown cliften so if you would like to meet there. Anyone else staying there??????????????

Colin

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:01 pm

Nice one Steve. Anyone staying here or what's the story. I think we are all over the place.