Directions

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:33 am

I Know I'm getting ahead of myself but need to ask as all the online map/direction services dont register Little Killary and its driving me nuts....

So - can anyone tell me where or what town is Little Killary close to?

john.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:01 am

directions from leenaun....

drive on the south side of killary (fjord) towards clifden(n59)... keep an eye out for a right hand turn off which is signposted for Tully cross, you ill also see a mast straight ahead.. take the turn to tully.. continue and keep to the left, keep a look out for a signpost on the right for scuba dive west (should also be a sign for Glassilaun beach).. you know you have gone too far if you pass lettergesh postoffice/shop..

when you have taken the right turn keep an sharp eye for a left turn(this too should be sign posted for scuba dive west).. drive until you reach the carpark.. thats as far as you can go by car.. the beach should be infront of youand little killary is just over the field 30degrees to your right (close the gate behing you).. enjoy the fishing...

if you need directions from galway to leenaun i will post them.. but only if needed :D

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:08 am

alternatively.. go to my blog.. http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... g.php?w=11

and download the file for google earth in 'my google earth fishing marks' post

little killary is marked there...

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:04 am

all those places sound familiar...i ran last years connemara marathon...is little killary far from connemara?

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:15 am

Yeh thats the one :)

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:06 pm

Mr_Green wrote:is little killary far from connemara?

its slap bang in the middle.. (so to speak) :lol: :lol: :lol:

if anyone is going there and driving through galway.. let me know, i might join you for the day..
Last edited by stevecrow74 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:08 pm

Cheers Steve

Overlays are perfect (as are the directions :) )

john.