'Good Fishing'?

Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:50 pm

I was just thinking, I can write on this site, and tell you Ive had a Good day, Whilst, Quite Possibly, the sort of day Ive had would be considered Average in other parts of Ireland, I mean, My Idea of a nice days fishing is a few Mackeral, Pollack, and If Im lucky a couple of Wrasse, Where as, in the like of the Shannon Estuary you have Shore fishing for Double Figure Huss, and Good Thornies...

So I ask you all, In your area, what is considered a 'Good' days fishing... Because it must differ from Coast to Coast...

[img]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v323/K2ExT/K2.jpg[/img]

Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:19 pm

I'd be the same as yourself K2, content with a few mackerel, pollock or wrasse. I had a suprise sea trout on a session last week which was a great wee suprise!

Mackerel, pollock and wrasse are what I usually expect, because they are really the only species I know how to target. My fishing skills are unfortunately limited to spinning or float-fishing mackerel strips, but now that I have discovered this site hopefully all that will change.

Although on saying that, a day out with a few good friends and a bit of craic, even when I don't catch a thing, is a "Good Days Fishing" for me as well...

Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:24 pm

I would have to echo Shamrocks thoughts as well. I have had my worst years fishing this year since I started fishing (only about 6 years ago). To be truthful I think I have just been damn unlucky this year but I still fish on as often as I can, because a good days fishing for me is simply any day I get to fish regardless if I catch or not. There's just something special in getting out there and having a cast. :D :D